Computer Transfer/Surplus Requests

Computers and Servers (Less Than $5000)

While this equipment is no longer classified as a fixed asset, the university's policy requiring departmental responsibility for equipment (PDF) still applies.

Computer transfer or surplus requests must be completed to record the movement of computers / servers with a cost of less than $5000 to a new location, department, division or surplus status. This information will be used to generate SSRS reports for budget managers. The reports are for departmental use when conducting equipment inventories at times determined by each respective department.

Surplus requests for all computers, regardless of purchase price, require a computer transfer form. The form requires the releasing approver to approve the form. When checking "Yes" under “Is this a request for Surplus?” the Receiving Approver section will automatically be filled in. You will need to enter your name and phone number in "comments" section of the form.

Lifecycle Computer Transfer Requests

ITS will enter a computer transfer request for lifecycle computers, to be approved by the department receiving the computer. In the event that the lifecycle computer transfer is not approved by the receiving department, computer transfer forms for lifecycle computers will be automatically transferred by the system after the log in identification is confirmed by the Computrace tracking system.

Computers and Servers ($5000 or More)

This equipment will continue to be tracked by Fixed Assets (Business Affairs). In these cases, the Computer Transfer form should not be used. Contact Fixed Assets for information regarding the paper Movable Equipment Form used to transfer this equipment.