Business Core Service Team icon

Business Core Service Team Updates

Events Update

CHHS Holiday Party

CHHS Holiday Party flyer

Team Updates

The BCST Welcomes Two New Team Members

CHHS newly hired staff

Filling the role of Operations Coordinator, Ms. Heather Foster (right in photo) began working with the Business Team on Monday, October 2. Heather comes to UNCW from Colorado State University, where she worked for the Department of Campus Recreation, as well as obtained her Certificate in Student Affairs and Higher Education. Serving as a service center coordinator and later the assistant director of member services, Heather gained experience in customer service and student worker management that will be invaluable to the team as she steps into her new role. Heather holds a Master’s of Science in Kinesiology from James Madison University and is passionate about joining the College of Health and Human Services. 

Ms. Selina Noland (left in photo) began in her position as Business Services Specialist for purchasing and payroll on Monday, October 9. Selina has worked at Cape Fear Community College since 2011, where she began as a cashier and expanded to a new position as purchasing technician, before securing her most recent role of accounts payable technician. She received her Associates Degree of Applied Science in Accounting from Cape Fear Community College. Selina brings many years of experience in purchasing within an NC institution of higher education to our team, and we are excited about having her on board.

We are delighted to have both Heather and Selina on the Team. Feel free to stop by the Business Office in McNeill Hall, Room 1055 to offer a warm “Hello!”

Fun Facts

BCST Student Worker Update

CHHS student workers

Front row (left to right): Gabby Smith, Hannah Pait, MiKayla Nobles, Alyssa Norman. Back row (left to right): Jordan Campbell, Mason Taylor, Jasmine Pierre, Brett Manning, Erin Cahill.

The Business Core Service Team employs a team of nine student workers who complete a variety of tasks from the team.  You will usually encounter them manning the reception desk in the Business Office (McNeill Hall 1055); however, our student workers complete a variety of tasks from helping troubleshoot classroom technology and competing room reservations, to assisting with administrative tasks and coordinating moves. Below, are some Fun Facts about our student workers!

Name

Major

Hometown

Fun Fact

Gabby Smith

Communications

Maultanboro, NH

I Nordic skied at the varsity level for six years

Hannah Pait

Public Health

Fayetteville, NC

I spent two weeks in Argentina

MiKayla Nobles

Finance & Economics

Apex, NC

I've been dancing since I was three years old

Alyssa Norman

Psychology

Albemarle, NC

I want to be a dentist

Jordan Campbell

Marketing

Fayetteville, NC

I swam with sharks

Mason Taylor

Biology

Fayetteville, NC

I was a baby model

Jasmine Pierre

Marine Biology/Oceanography

Fayetteville, NC

I own four dogs and a rabbit

Brett Manning

Finance & Economics

Greensboro, NC

I love sports

Erin Cahill

Psychology

Fayetteville, NC

My family and I drove to Alaska and back