RECYCLING SERVICES -
RELATED EXTERNAL LINKS:
UNCW Recycling Services
Read about UNCW's recycling program on page 5 of the UNCW Sustainability Ad Hoc Committee Report.
Recycling is a state-mandated program to reduce waste and minimize impact on local landfills. But most of all, it is important for all of us to do! To be successful, every faculty, student and staff member needs to join the recycling team, and learn the three R's: Recycle, Re-use, and Reduce!
Recycle Properly: Recycled products are only recoverable when they are sorted properly.
Where Can I Recycle?
Drop off recyclables anytime at the Central Recycling depot located on Lionfish Drive at the intersection of Lionfish and Plyler Drives, past Campus Police and the entrance to the warehouse. UNCW Recycling is open to all University members as well as the public.
Bins and Receptacles are also located in all university buildings and residence halls.
Staffed Hours of Operation: Monday - Friday 7:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
What Can I Recycle?
At Bins and the Depot:
Plastic Bottles, glass bottles, aluminum can, copier and computer paper (all sizes and colors), newsprint, magazines, lead-acid batteries, cardboard and pasteboard (please break down boxes), and electronics and wire (in the e-recycling bin at the Depot)
Contact Environmental Health and Safety for instructions or to request a bin.
Call Warehouse Services at 910-962-3621 to request pick up of empty toner cartridges or drop them in the e-recycling bin
Tips: Other Ways to Recycle
- Purchase products made of recycled materials
- Print documents on both sides - better yet, use e-mails for drafts and inter-office exchanges!
- File your e-mails electronically rather than printing them
- Bicycle, carpool, or use the free Seahawk Shuttle bus instead of driving
- Use re-usable boxes, or a bandana or handy towel to wrap gifts
- Pack your lunch in re-usable containers
- At home, compost or recycle yard waste
- Share magazine subscriptions with neighbors, schools or child-care programs
- Donate unused clothing to community groups
We are interested in hearing from our customers! Please contact us with any questions or comments.
Warehouse Services, phone (910) 962-3620, email: firstname.lastname@example.org