- UNCW Earns Carnegie Community Engagement Classification
- UNCW Makes President's Higher Education Community Service Honor Roll
- Branding Team Gets Design Ideas From UNCW Students GWBJ
- Building Community Connections: UNCW Nursing Students Volunteer with Habitat for Humanity
- UNCW 'filing in the gaps' on youth violence problem WECT
- Committees Pursue Strategies Combatting Youth Violence GWBJ Article
- City Manager suggests UNCW take lead on youth violence prevention StarNews Online
- Community Partnerships Video
- UNCW Impact Report
Creating Community Connections to Inspire our Future Generations
Service to the state has always been a core part of the University’s mission. As a public institution, UNCW is focused on the kind of research, scholarship and outreach that will benefit all citizens of North Carolina.
That means conducting research and scholarship that will help improve the economy and the civic life of the state and ensuring that new discoveries are readily shared. It means sending our students and faculty into communities across North Carolina to help solve local problems, finding out where the University can assist local governments and nonprofits, and helping North Carolina businesses and industries become more competitive.
– Our Time, Our Future UNC Strategic Directions 2013-18
UNCW Honored for Volunteer Work and Community Engagement The University of North Carolina Wilmington has received high honors for their community engagement. University officials announced Wednesday morning that the university earned the 2015 Community Engagement Classification from the Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching. more...