Federal Work Study Information
The Office of Scholarships and Financial Aid (OSFA) and the Career Center offer employment services to students in Federal Work Study and Work Assist positions.
Federal Work-Study (FWS)
- FWS provides part-time employment for undergraduate and graduate students who have established financial need through the submission of the FAFSA.
- Earnings are not applied to your account. You receive a paycheck on the 15th of each month for the hours worked the previous month.
- You may not earn more than your awarded amount for work-study.
- Positions are available on and off campus. Off-campus positions are within non-profit organizations in the local community. While the pay rate is considerably more for community service positions, you must have your own transportation to the job site.
- If you are eligible, and funds are available, FWS will be included in your financial aid award.
- Explore available student employment opportunities at Seawork. Seawork will also have opportunities for non-need based positions available on campus.
- Since FWS is a need-based, federally aid program with limited funds, not all students will receive an award. Many departments hire students under the work assist program and financial need is not a consideration.