Social Media on Your Website
Social media is an important part of your effort to engage your readers, whether they are members of the community, current and potential students, parents, faculty, staff or alumni.
The 18-to-24 year old demographic experiences social networking as a normal part of life, and high school students are equally, if not more immersed. Alumni also use these sites after graduation during their employment searches, and for keeping engaged with their alma mater.
- Make sure you follow the UNCW social networking policies and procedures.
- Make sure your social networking activities comply with the Responsible use of Electronic Resources policy! (PDF)
- Best Practices for social networking at UNCW (PDF)
- We don't host or support Wordpress blogs on our servers. Your departmental Wordpress blog can be hosted for free at http://www.wordpress.com (external link)
- Register your social media account
Embedding Social Media on Your Site
Social networking sites often provide widgets, buttons, feeds, etc. to help you add interactivity to your site. You can embed them into your website by using the "Insert >HTML Snippet" menu selection in Contribute. (CTRL+ALT+H)
- Copy the embed code to your clipboard, select the Insert drop down menu in Contribute, and then select HTML Snippet.
- Paste (CTRL+V) the embed code
- Publish your page.