Resources for Web Content Managers
- UNCW Web Style Guide (PDF)
- Website Project Request Form
- Responsible Use of Electronic Resources (PDF)
- Request to Grant Graduate Student Access to Website Directory (PDF)
- Adobe Contribute License Information
- Setting up a Manual Connection- PC (PDF)
- Setting up a Manual Connection-MAC (PDF)
- Web Content Manager Community
Submit a Help Ticket
Web Content Manager Training
- Log in to mySeaport
- Click SkillPort CBT
- Click Catalog > UNCW Custom Content Repository > UNCW Content Manager Training
Basic Skills for Web Publishers at UNCW
At a minimum, Web content managers and editors at UNCW must be able to:
- Edit and publish an existing page, using Adobe Contribute.
- Create a new page from "copy of current page."
- Insert images and add alt text to an image, in an HTML page.
- Properly align an image either left or right with text flowing around it.
- Search for an image within their website.
- Resize images, resample images, and Save for Web.
- Find images from the university photographer on the Sammy server.
- Add page title, keywords and descriptions to web pages.
- Form an acceptable file name.
- Form an acceptable page title.
- Edit the navigation include.
- Edit the Maintained by include.
- Add a correctly formed hyperlink to an HTML page.
- Place a table into an HTML page.
- Insert an HTML snippet into an HTML page.
- Create a link to and upload a PDF document.
- Find their web folder (web directory) on the server.
- Make a manual Adobe Contribute connection.