All course proposals should be submitted by Friday, September 7 in order to make the 2013-14 catalogue deadline.
- Materials for proposals
- Approved course proposals and model syllabi
- What faculty are doing
- Additional resources
Find all the materials you need to propose courses for all University Studies components and themes for Thematic Clusters here.
All approved course proposals and model syllabi are available here.
Please join our conversations, organized by component, on our discussion site (coming soon!). This site is a great opportunity to share your ideas about assignments, closing the assessment loop, and planning activities, as well as to learn what other colleagues teaching in each component are doing in their courses.
Explore what faculty across the university are already doing in their University Studies courses here.
Help is also available at these sites:
- Find out how to create ePortfolios in Blackboard Learn
- Check out UNCW’s Writing Services to learn how they can help you with your Writing Intensive classes.
- Visit UNCW’s General Education Assessment page for information on University Studies assessment, including the assessment cycle, reports of each year’s findings, and strategies for closing the assessment loop.
- Find all the University Studies Advisory Committee workshop materials here.
- Check out these tips for incorporating Critical Reflection into your assignments—here and here (as developed by Patti Clayton). These ideas are particularly useful for Explorations Beyond the Classroom.
- See these Handouts for Writing in the Disciplines from the University Learning Center.