Learning Services Tutor Resouces
Below are several resources for new and returning LS tutors. The most important is our Tutor Handbook which provides you with everything you need to know to start tutoring at the ULC. The other resources can you help you become a better informed and more effective tutor.
Productive Tutoring Techniques. North Carolina State University Undergraduate Tutorial Center -click "eight modules" link
Online Tutor Training Project - American River College & City College of San Francisco
Tutee Assessment Rubric & TT notes example
TT Notes page for an example of notes
Student-Athlete Objective Sheet
It is the responsibility of student athletes to:
- Identify themselves as student-athletes
- Initiate the Student-Athlete Objective Sheet provess
- Bring a paper copy of this sheet. The ULC does not have copies.
Student-Athlete Objective Sheet: only for student-athletes for whom study hall is mandatory.
- This paper form is written documentation that the student has attended your session.
- In the "Course" column, put the subject you are tutoring and the date.
- In the "Task" column, put a few of the concepts you covered in the session.
- Tutor signs where it says, "Completed Objectives Approved By"
- Student-Athlete Objective Sheet