Re-Enrollment with No Summer Classes
If you are academically ineligible, but hope to return to UNCW in the fall WITHOUT taking summer courses, you must petition to the UNCW Committee on Academic Re-Instatement and submit the following documentation by March 1st.
- APPLICATION: Complete the Re-Enrollment Application.
- PERSONAL STATEMENT: Submit a one-page letter that addresses what hindered your previous academic performance, the strategies and actions taken while away from the university to improve and strengthen your academic abilities, and how your performance will be different upon return.
- ACADEMIC PLAN: Complete an Academic Plan with an academic advisor.
Your petition materials should be identified separately as Personal Statement and Academic Plan. Submit these materials to the Office of the Registrar via one of the three methods listed here:
- Email: Susan Thornhill, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fax: (910) 962-3887
- Postal Mail: Office of the Registrar, 601 S. College Road, CPO Box 5618, Wilmington, NC 28405
The UNCW Committee on Academic Re-Instatement will meet in March and submit decisions to the Office of the Registrar, who will then notify you of your status. If your petition to return is not granted, you may enroll in summer courses to improve your GPA. Please contact Susan Thornhill in the Office of the Registrar to request summer enrollment at email@example.com.