contact your advisor
University College is located in DePaolo Hall, room 1092. Call us at (910) 962-3245 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
contact the registrar
Process for Academically Dismissed Students:
Students who have been academically dismissed from UNCW must complete the Re-Instatement process in addition to the Re-Enrollment application. The following are a few scenarios that would apply to a student hoping to return to UNCW after being academically dismissed:
- If you are academically ineligible, but hope to return to UNCW in the fall WITHOUT taking summer courses, please click here.
- If you are academically ineligible, but hope to return to UNCW in the fall AND plan to take summer courses, please click here.
- If you are academically ineligible, but hope to return to UNCW in the spring, please click here.
To determine academic eligibility, please review the Retention Chart that can be found in the Undergraduate Catalogue under University Regulations: Retention, Dismissal, and Readmission.
- If you were dismissed due to earning below a 1.0 GPA in your last semester at UNCW, but your cumulative GPA is at or above the retention standard, you must petition to the Academic Re-Instatement Committee to return.
Process for Students in Good Academic Standing:
The Re-Enrollment Application is available through SeaNet. This application is required when a student has been away from UNCW for 2 consecutive semesters.
- If you have attended another college or university since attending UNCW, an official transcript must be sent to the Office of the Registrar.
- If you left UNCW for one semester, AND you were in good academic standing when you left, you would be considered on a leave of absence, and therefore, do not need to submit a re-enrollment application. A re-enrollment application is required when you have been away for two consecutive semesters. Please contact University College at (910) 962-3245 to meet with an advisor if you have been on a leave of absence for one semester and would like to return.
It can take up to three weeks to process re-enrollment, due to holds, application fee payment, transcripts, and/or criminal background checks. Once the application has been reviewed, the student will receive an email regarding their admittance. If re-enrollment has been approved, the email will provide instructions to the student on how to contact their academic advisor to register for courses.