- The deadline for travel check run is Friday at 10:45 a.m. for a check/direct deposit the following Friday.
|Upcoming Travel Classes|
Travel Card Admin
Travel for Students
All expenses for a student or student employee should be claimed on that individual's own travel authorization and never on anyone else's. A travel authorization should be completed and approved prior to the beginning day of business travel. Travel expenses for family members of a student or student employee are not reimbursable. Student travel can not be charged to general funds. The only travel expenses for student travel that can be charged to general funds is if the student employee is currently on payroll being paid out of the same general fund that they are asking to pay their travel expenses. The student must be on Official University Business.
Who is a Student Employee and a Student?
- Students who are on UNCW payroll are treated as an employee and follow the employee policies and procedures.
- Students who are not on UNCW payroll are classified as non-employees and they follow all non-employee policies and procedures.
How to process travel for a Student Employee
Student Employee travel authorization and request for reimbursement should be processed in E-Travel. E-Travel is an electronic travel system that was developed to handle travel for the University and includes electronic approvals for all payments. When the student is on payroll you should select employee when creating the travel authorization in E-Travel.
How to process travel for a Student Non-Employee
Student travel authorization and request for reimbursement should be processed in E-Travel. E-Travel is an electronic travel system that was developed to handle travel for the Unviersity and includes electronic approvals for all payments. If the travel is for a student not on payroll then you would select student when creating the travel authorization in E-Travel.
For additional information on how to process travel please see the individual expenses under the type of travel or view of Step by Step Guide to E-Travel.
- Original reimbursement and backup documents are required with the travel package.
- If originals are not available, please attach a memo that explains why originals were not included with the travel reimbursement.
- All small receipts should be taped down to an 8 ½ by 11 sheet of white paper.
- Send travel reimbursement to Travel Office to be processed.
- Travelers are allowed one day of travel before the beginning of a conference and one day of travel after the conclusion of a conference.
- All travel reimbursements should be completed within 15 days of return, however it must be submitted to the travel office within 30 calendar days from the return date.