- Aug 28th Meet and Greet New Travel Agencies in Madeline Suite from 10:00 - 12:00.
- Deadline for travel check run is Friday at 10:45 a.m. for a check/direct deposit the following Friday.
|Upcoming Travel Classes|
Travel Card Admin
Travel for Student Groups
All expenses for a student group should be claimed on one Faculty/Staff member's travel authorization and never on anyone else's. When a trip is handled this way, no travel expense will be reimbursed to the students directly. If students are to be reimbursed, then travel cannot be processed as a student group. A travel authorization should be completed and approved prior to the first day of business travel. Travel expenses for family members of a student or employee are not reimbursable. Student group travel cannot be charged to general funds. The student group must be on Official University Business.
Who is considered a Student Group?
- Student Group travel is when one UNCW faculty/staff member takes a group of students on a trip and pays for the entire trip expense for the students.
If students are to be reimbursed for any travel expenses, then travel cannot be processed as a student group travel and a separate travel authorization must be created for each student which should follow the policies and procedures for a student.
How to process travel for a Student Group
Student Group travel authorization and request for reimbursement should be processed in E-Travel. E-Travel is an electronic travel system that was developed to handle travel for the University and includes electronic approvals for all payments. The travel authorziation should be created in the Faculty/Staff members name (who must be on the trip). In the travel authorization for the faculty/staff member there needs to be a note added in the notes section of E-Travel listing all the students going on the trip.
For additional information on how to process travel, please see the individual expenses under the type of travel or view the Step by Step Guide to E-Travel.
- Original reimbursement and backup documents are required with the travel package.
- If originals are not available, please attach a memo that explains why originals were not included with the travel reimbursement.
- All small receipts should be taped down to an 8 ½ by 11 sheet of white paper.
- Send travel reimbursement to Travel Office to be processed.
- Travelers are allowed one day of travel before the beginning of a conference and one day of travel after the conclusion of a conference.
- All travel reimbursements should be completed within 15 days of return, and it must be submitted to the travel office within 30 calendar days from the return date.