- June 20th deadline for all travel to be submitted to the Travel Office to be paid out of current year.
- June 20th deadline for Agency Airfare to be purchase from this years budget.
- June 20th last day to use Visa Travel Card for transactions to post to this years budget.
- The deadline for the travel check run is Friday at 10:45 a.m. for a check/direct deposit the following Friday.
|Upcoming Travel Classes|
There are two options for paying for a registration. The first option is the traveler can pay for the registration and get reimbursed after the trip. The second option is to have the registration prepaid by the University. Registration fees may be prepaid by the University directly to the conference/vendor. Registration fees paid by the employee/traveler before the trip will be reimbursed after the trip has taken place and travel is completed. Any meals included in the registration fee will be excluded from the traveler's per diem reimbursement, even if the traveler did not attend the meal function.
If the traveler would like the registration fees to be prepaid by the University before the travel takes place, we must pay the conference/vendor directly. All prepaid registration should be entered into E-Travel for payment under Prepaid Registration.
How to Process a PrePaid Registration in E-Travel
In order to create a prepaid check request you need to complete the following steps in E-Travel.
- Under the travel for this trip go to Prepaid Registration and complete a check request and route it for approvals.
- After the approval process, the check request should be printed and sent to the travel office along with two copies of the registration form. The travel office will keep one registraion form and send the other registration form with the check.
For detailed steps on entering prepaid registration in E-Travel please reference our Step-by-Step Guide to E-Travel.
Cancellation of a Prepaid Registration
When a trip cancellation involves registration fees that were pre-paid directly to the vendor by the University, the employee's department must check with the vendor to see if the registration fee can be refunded. If a refund is not given, a note to that effect must be entered in the notes section of E-Travel. If a refund is given, the department should take the refund check to the travel office with a memo specifying which travel the check applies to. The travel office will deposit the check to the correct fund and account for you.
Reimbursing for a Registration
Reimbursement for a registration that the employee paid for will be handled as part of the entire reimbursement for the trip. This should be entered in the top half under registration in E-Travel. Reimbursement should not be requested for registration fees paid for in advance by the University. In order to be reimbursed for the registration fees the following is required.
- Original receipt showing payment of the registration fee, any additional expenses, and the traveler’s name is required.
- Web receipts are acceptable if they include the same information as above, as well as the name of the organization that received the payment.
- Include a copy of the conference agenda or brochure that shows whether meals or other expenses were included with the registration fee. Meals that are part of a registration will be excluded from the travel reimbursement meal per diem, even if the traveler did not attend.
- If an original paid receipt for the registration is not available, a faxed copy of the receipt from the conference is acceptable with a written explanation from the traveler as to why the fax was necessary.
- If someone other than the traveler pays for the registration fees, that person will have to be reimbursed for the registration expenses. You will have to create a prepaid registration check request payable to the person who paid, under the traveler’s authorization number. We will need the paid registration receipt that shows the traveler’s name and the name of the person that paid.