Incoming Freshman Orientation: What to Bring
- Comfortable clothes
- Valid drivers license or some other form of government issued picture ID
- UNCW Student ID number (850xxxxxx)
- Light jacket (some rooms are cool)
- Comfortable shoes (you will be walking around campus)
- Note pad & pen
- To make the transition into UNCW smooth, please take the proper steps to ensure a successful Orientation and college career.
- Teal Ticket: Once students are admitted to UNCW, they will receive an email containing their Teal Ticket. This will include their student ID number (850#) as well as a link to a comprehensive list of deadlines and other resources prior to attending UNCW. Admitted students can also view their Teal Ticket by logging into their MySeaport account and clicking the Teal Ticket tab at the top of the page.
What do I need to do prior to my Orientation Session?
- Pay your Enrollment Deposit to the Admissions Office by the required deadline. Enrollment deposit payments may be made online. Log in to MySeaPort and click on Enrollment Deposits. Enter your student ID number (or your social security number). You will be given a 3 letter-4 number code. This is your user name and your official UNCW e-mail address. Your password is your 8 digit birth date (i.e. 01011993). Use these to log into mySeaPort.
- Make your Orientation reservation by the deadline. You must pay the Enrollment Deposit prior to making your Orientation reservation.
- If you plan on living on-campus, sign up with housing.
- Mail the Immunization and Medical History Form to the Student Health Center to avoid delays at orientation.
- Take the Foreign Language Placement Test On-line prior to attending Orientation. For registration purposes, it is critical you take this prior to Orientation.
- Mail Disability Disclosure Form if necessary.
- Mail any final transcripts (high school, community colleges, etc.) to Admissions. If Orientation occurs prior to completion of your final term, mail the transcripts upon completion of your term.
- Make sure all Financial Aid paperwork is completed. File FAFSA; return award letter; sign master promissory note.
- Brush up for math placement test by trying sample practice problems at the Math Lab web site. Read this information about the math placement exam.
- Music majors must contact the Department of Music at 910.962.3390 to schedule an audition and the music theory placement exam.
- UNCW employees should check with Human Resources about special benefits for faculty, staff and their dependents prior to submitting an Orientation reservation for yourself or your child. No refund will be given if we do not receive your form before your reservation is made.
What can I take care of at Orientation?
- You will receive your UNCW One Card (your student id card) at Orientation. If you wish to put money on it so that it can be used as a debit card on campus you can do so as you check-out at Orientation.
- You can choose a meal plan.
- You will meet with an academic advisor and complete your class registration.
- What do I need to take care of after Orientation?
- Tuition and Fees: Billing schedules and payment due date information can be found on the Student Accounts website. Account balances may be viewed on SeaNet.
- Immunization Deadline: Classes will be cancelled 30 days after class registration if immunizations are incomplete.
- Register for Parking Permit: Students must register for classes before they can register for a parking permit. To register for a parking pass, please log into mySeaport to sign-up. Additional information regarding vehicle registration can be found on the Parking & Transportation website.
Information for Incoming Students
|Advising||Campus Activities & Involvement||Academic Catalogues & Guides||Computer Info||Emergency Info||Campus Dining||Housing|
|Health & Wellness||Learning Center||Library||Campus Map||Campus Recreation||Athletics|
Your degree audit (run in SeaNet) will show your General Education requirements.
Computer Info- Get connected, Download your free antivirus and more!
- Information Technology Systems Division Home Page
- Free Antivirus Download
- Technology Assistance Center (Help Desk)
- Log in to mySeaport (Your student portal)
- Log in to OWA (Your e-mail)
- ITSD Student Page (What you need to know to get started)
- Binaries: Tech Store and Warranty Service Center
- UNCW Safety & Emergency Site
- Hurricane Info
- Outdoor Warning Siren Info
- Residence Hall Safety
- Rip Current Info – Ocean Safety
- Safety Resources and Info
- University Police
Food Services- Where to Eat on Campus!
- Campus Dining
- Einstein Brother's Bagels
- Hawk's Nest
- Java City at Randall Library
- Main Street Express
- Market Place
- Seahawk Station Convenience Store
- Dub's Cafe
- The Landing
- Wagoner Hall
Housing and Residence Life
Library Information and Services!
Go Seahawks! - UNCW Athletics