Incoming Transfer Orientation Registration
Check your dates! Your Orientation session can only be changed one time, and only if space is available in another session. You will be responsible for any increase in fees at the time the change is made. Will you have family members attending? If not, please do not enter them on your registration form. You will be charged for each name added
Please note - all reservations are made under the student's name and student ID number by following the instructions below. Reservations for family members are made at the same time as the student. After the initial reservation has been submitted, if you would like to add another person to the reservation, you must submit your request in writing along with your payment per additional person. This payment must be paid by check or money order and mailed to Transition Programs - 601 S. College Rd. - Wilmington, NC 28403-5997. Make sure to write the Student's name and ID number on the check.
Online Reservation System Directions
Web reservations are the most expedient way to make your reservation. Online reservations are processed immediately and you receive confirmation at the time you make the reservation. Online reservations require a payment with MasterCard or Visa at the time you make your reservation. Once you have submitted your online reservation, if you want to change your session dates, please review these instructions.
To register on-line:
- Log into mySeaport.
- Login with your UserID. Your password is your 8 digit birthdate (i.e. 01011993). (If you do not know this information, please contact the Technology Assistance Center at 910.962.HELP.)
- Click on the Student Services tab.
- Scroll down and click on "Orientation Signup" on the left hand side of the screen under Services
- Follow the instruction to select your Orientation date and make your on-line payment.
- Please make sure you get to the final page and print your confirmation.
- If a session is full, you will not be able to select it.
Please note - an Orientation date can be changed only once, and only if the session that you want to move into is open. If there is a price increase because of the change, payment is required before the change can be made. Please review these instructions to make changes.
Mail In Reservation Forms
To make a reservation through the mail, print the appropriate reservation form (below), Download, fill out and mail in the form with a check payable to UNCW. Please note that registering online will hold your spot immediately. Mail-ins could cause a delay in sign-up.
A reservation will not be held without payment. If the session you have selected as your first choice is closed, you will be assigned to your next available choice. You must number sessions by your preference (first choice through last choice).
Only mail your registration form once. Multiple submissions will not speed the process. Please note, it may take up to 15 days to receive confirmation from mailed registrations.
On-Site Reservations: No on-site walk-in registrations are accepted at Orientation.
Orientation Waitlist (Freshman Summer Sessions Only)
Please review our Orientation Waitlist guidelines.
Freshman/Family Orientation Deadlines
June Sessions: May 12, 2015
August Session: July 23, 2015
Transfer/Family Orientation Deadlines
May Session: April 24, 2015
June Session: May 28, 2015
August Sessions: July 23, 2015
Requests for refunds must be received in writing by the Transition Programs Office by 5 p.m. on the deadline below. No refunds will be granted after the deadline.
Refund Request Deadlines:
- May Transfer Sessions, May 1, 2015
- June Freshman Sessions, May 15, 2015
- June Transfer Session, May 29, 2015
- All August Sessions, July 30, 2015
Refund checks are mailed within 3-4 weeks of receipt. Please include the following information in an email to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Student's name and identification number (850#)
- What your refund is for (i.e. cancel family member Orientation reservation)
- Address to send the refund (please note the refund check will be made out to the student)