News and notes
Register and securely pay for a test using our new online registration system. The system is available to register for computer-based tests including CLEP, MAT, DSST, TEAS, Compass/Accuplacer as well as to schedule and pay for proctoring appointments.
The UNCW administrative fee is $25 effective September 1, 2011.
Effective January 1, 2014, CLEP requires candidates to prepay the CLEP fee ($80) and bring the CLEP- issued voucher number to University Testing Services on the scheduled test day. See the CLEP website.
CLEP tests are now available at Camp Lejeune. Call the Marine Corps Base Education Center at 910-451-3092.
The GRE changes became effective August 1, 2011. See GRE for more information.
Math Placement Test (Remote)
Students can take the Math Placement Exam at a site close to their home. Go to ACT to find a local testing center. Than call Testing Services at 910-962-7444 to register for the test. See UNCW Math Department for more information.
DSST Exam Now Offered
Dantes Subject Standardized Tests (DSST) are now offered at UNCW. The exam fee is $25--to UNCW plus $80 to DSST, total $105. Call Testing Services at 910-962-7444 to schedule a test.
University Testing Services offers computer and paper-based tests as well as proctoring for distance learning students. The Testing Center also has accommodations for those testing candidates that have special needs.
Computer-based tests offered:
- Graduate Record Exam (GRE)
- Praxis I and Praxis II
- Miller Analogies Test (MAT)
- College Level Examination Program (CLEP)
- Health Education Systems, Inc. (HESI) (Nursing School Entrance Test)
- Dantes Subject Standardized Tests (DSST)
- Test of Essential Academic Skills (TEAS) (Nursing School Entrance Test)
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL)
- ACT Compass
Paper-based tests offered:
- ACT Assessment (college entrance exam)
- Law School Aptitude Test (LSAT)
- Praxis II (teacher certification,licensure exams)
The test center is authorized to administer and proctor certifying and admissions exams including distance learning tests.