What is social justice?
Adams, Bell and Griffin (1997) define social justice as both a process and a goal. "The goal of social justice education is full and equal participation of all groups in a socity that is mutually shaped tomeet their needs. Social justice includes a vision of society that is equitable and all members are physically and psychologically safe and secure."
Social Justice Quotes:
- "We have become not a melting pot but a beautiful mosaic. Different people, different beliefs, different yearnings, different hopes, different dreams." Jimmy Carter
- "Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere." Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr
- "No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." Eleanor Roosevelt
- "If you judge people, you have no time to love them." Mother Theresa
- "We Americans have a chance to become someday a nation in which all racial stocks and classes can exist in their own selfhoods, but meet on a basis of respect and equality and live together, socially, economically, and politically." Shirley Chisholm
- "A journey of a thousand miles beings with one single step." LAO-tzu
- These quotes were compiled by Vernon A. Wall, http://www.vernonwall.org
- Diversity and Social Justice Resources at NCCPA www.mynccpa.org/Diversity.htm
- Women and Social Justice Resources http://www.csudh.edu/dearhabermas/wcracc.htm
- Health Equity and Social Justice http://www.naccho.org/topics/justice
- International Development Research Centre http://www.idrc.ca/en/ev-30587-201-1-DO_TOPIC.html
- Sustainability and Social Justice in the Global Food System http://www.kmcafee.com/sustain_en.php
- Green Cities http://cornellgreencities07.blogspot.com/2007/09/justice-sustainability-resources.html