Student Production Assistant for CHWK Network
To produce, shoot, edit, and monitor UNCW departmental/organizational specific content for CHWK network
Key areas of responsibility:
- Shoot and edit video for spots, PSA’s and promotional content of the channel.
- Generate graphical work for the informational portion of the broadcast.
- Control and monitor the broadcast and broadcasting equipment.
- Coordinate delivery of graphic, audio, and video submissions from the various campus departments, classes, and student groups participating in CHWK network of channels.
- Schedule and upload submissions for broadcast and playback.
- Ensure quality of the broadcast and broadcast materials.
- Enforce policy standards of submitted material and reconcile questionable material with supervisors.
- Journalistically gather community and campus news, events, and other information for video bulletins and tickers.
- Promote the channel to other departments, classes, and student groups who may have need for or benefit from this service.
- Provide production assistant (PA) labor during events and shoots.
- CHWK Network production team
- Housing and Residence Life
- Department of Communication Studies
- Student Media Board
- Other departments at UNCW
- UCNW Students
Term of employment:
$8.50/hour; 20-25 hours a week during academic year, and up to 35 hours a week during summer.
- Experience with Microsoft PowerPoint, Word, and Outlook required.
- Experience with web browsing is required.
- Experience with personal computers.
- Graphic design experience and understanding of basic graphic design principles.
- Basic video editing experience and understanding of basic video editing principles.
- Understanding of basic computer network terms and concepts would be helpful: FTP, Ethernet, LAN, etc.
- Must maintain a 2.5 grade point average to remain employed. A GPA below 2.5 may result in a probationary period of employment
- No current UNCW judicial sanction