- Graduate Assistant for Technology and Communications - now accepting applications
- Desk Receptionist - no longer accepting applications
- Front Desk Office Assistant - no longer accepting applications
- Assistant Residence Coordinator - no longer accepting applications
- Resident Assistant - no longer accepting applications
- Student Maintenance Worker - now accepting applications
Student Maintenance Worker
The Office of Housing and Residence Life at UNCW employs a staff of students as maintenance workers during the academic year and summer. The Student Maintenance Worker's primary mission is to assist the full time Maintenance Staff in performing routine maintenance work. The student staff is an important part of the day to day operations and the summer transitions process. A major area of responsibility emphasized is customer service. Please refer to the position description below for detailed information.
- Perform routine maintenance work in residence halls, apartment and suites which includes but is not limited to:
- Lifting/Moving Furniture
- Changing ceiling lights
- Drywall repair
- Ceiling tile replacement
- Perform regular planned and preventative maintenance routines which includes scheduled walkthroughs
- Assist Maintenance Technicians with various remodeling and repair projects
- Communicate the status of jobs that are assigned daily as to the completeness of the task
- Present professional appearance and attitude at all times and maintain a high level of customer service
- Other duties as assigned by the Maintenance Supervisor or Facilities Coordinator
- Applicant must be a UNCW student in good academic & judicial standing
- Must demonstrate excellent public relations and customer service skills
- Committed to successful teamwork with the entire housing staff
- Demonstrate the ability to work under time constraints with scheduled deadlines
- Must have a valid driver's license
- Maintenance or facilities experience is beneficial however not required
- Application process is currently open. Click here to apply.
- All Application Materials should be turned in at the Office of Housing and Residence Life or emailed directly to the Student Maintenance Supervisor, James Coston, at email@example.com.
- Student Maintenance Workers start at $8.00hr with potential to increase with continued employment
- Reduced housing rates in the University Apartments is available to Student Maintenance Workers
The Office of Housing & Residence Life Non-Discrimination Statement
The University of North Carolina at Wilmington is committed to and will provide equal educational and employment opportunity for all persons regardless of race, sex, age, color, gender, national origin, ethnicity, creed, religion, disability, sexual orientation, political affiliation, marital status, veteran status or relationship to other university constituents – except where sex, age or ability represent bona fide educational or occupational qualifications or where marital status is a statutorily established eligibility criterion for state-funded employee benefit programs. Questions regarding program access may be directed to the Compliance Officer, UNCW Chancellor's Office, 910.962.3000, Fax 910.962.3483. UNCW residence halls allow all students the opportunity to become actively involved in campus life. The Office of Housing and Residence Life provides a variety of programs and activities in and around the residence halls to enhance students' total educational experience. All of the residence halls are accessible in that they have elevators and adapted restrooms. Further, entrances to all buildings are either ramp-accessible or located on the ground floor. The first floor of each residence hall has all the services that are available on higher-level floors to allow students with disabilities equal access to services. The Suites and University Apartments have some first-floor units that have been designed to accommodate students with disabilities. For further information, contact the Office of Housing and Residence Life at (910) 962-3241.