Summer Conference Assistant
The Office of Housing and Residence Life at UNC Wilmington employs a staff of four Summer Conference Assistants. The Conference Assistants primary mission is to be available during summer conferences to provide various services for conference groups. Major areas of responsibility emphasized are checking camps in and out of the residential facilities, customer service, key management, and administration.
- Position Responsibilities
- Qualifications & Requirements
- Conference Assistant Selection Criteria
We are no longer accepting applications at the this time.
- Responsible for checking in camps and conferences
- Conference assistants will be responsible for key inventories
- Walk-throughs and inspections of residential spaces
- Serve in rotation for on-call responsibilities
- Customer Service is the top priority of the person assuming this position
Because of the demanding nature of the Conference Assistant position, the Office of Housing and Residence Life places the following stipulations on those hired as Conference Assistants:
- A 2.25 cumulative grade point average
- No outside jobs without permission
- All significant time commitments require the prior approval of the Conference Coordinator and Assistant Director
- A maximum load of 1 summer session course each semester (not to exceed a total of 6 hours for the entire summer
- Must be in good judicial standing
- Attitude that conveys a positive regard towards Housing and Residence Life and University and works cooperatively towards a successful program
- Ability in communication, leadership, teamwork, creativity and academic achievement.
- Administrative Skills for the completion of paperwork and related details associated with conference housing.
- Interest in personal growth and enthusiasm for working various campus and community constituents.
- Willingness to assume responsibility in the development of an effective living environment.
- Application process is currently closed.
- All Application Materials should be emailed directly to Andrew Murray, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- A Conference Assistant is provided a free room for the summer and a $275.00 declining balance meal plan for each summer session. An additional $450.00 will be paid each month.
The Office of Housing & Residence Life Non-Discrimination Statement
The University of North Carolina at Wilmington is committed to and will provide equal educational and employment opportunity for all persons regardless of race, sex, age, color, gender, national origin, ethnicity, creed, religion, disability, sexual orientation, political affiliation, marital status, veteran status or relationship to other university constituents – except where sex, age or ability represent bona fide educational or occupational qualifications or where marital status is a statutorily established eligibility criterion for state-funded employee benefit programs. Questions regarding program access may be directed to the Compliance Officer, UNCW Chancellor's Office, 910.962.3000, Fax 910.962.3483. UNCW residence halls allow all students the opportunity to become actively involved in campus life. The Office of Housing and Residence Life provides a variety of programs and activities in and around the residence halls to enhance students' total educational experience. All of the residence halls are accessible in that they have elevators and adapted restrooms. Further, entrances to all buildings are either ramp-accessible or located on the ground floor. The first floor of each residence hall has all the services that are available on higher-level floors to allow students with disabilities equal access to services. The Suites and University Apartments have some first-floor units that have been designed to accommodate students with disabilities. For further information, contact the Office of Housing and Residence Life at (910) 962-3241.