- Graduate Assistant for Technology and Communications - now accepting applications
- Desk Receptionist - no longer accepting applications
- Front Desk Office Assistant - no longer accepting applications
- Assistant Residence Coordinator - no longer accepting applications
- Resident Assistant - no longer accepting applications
- Student Maintenance Worker - no longer accepting applications
- Summer Conference Assistant - no longer accepting applications
Assistant Residence Coordinator
The Assistant Residence Coordinator position is a nine-month graduate assistantship position in a residence hall or area of 400-600 students. The Assistant Residence Coordinator assists the Residence Coordinator in the administration of the residence hall/area. Responsibilities include staff supervision, staff training and development, student group advising, counseling, and crisis management.
Time commitment will be 20 hours per week. However, hours may vary during heavy weeks of the year.
The application is no longer available.
The application deadline for 2014-2015 was February 14, 2014.
Area Chapter Advising and Leadership Development
- Serve as primary advisor for Area Chapter
- Aid in the development of student leadership opportunities
- Assist students in developing programs within the hall/area
- Develop and implement training programs for student leaders
- Assist in facilitating weekly Area Chapter meetings
- Serve as a resource person for hall leaders
- Support and assist in Residence Hall Association (RHA) recruitment and programming efforts
Desk Staff and RA Supervision
- Recruit, select, train, and supervise student desk staff
- Assist the Residence Coordinator with supervision, training, and selection of resident assistants
- Provide feedback of desk and resident assistant staff
- Assume administrative duties of the Residence Coordinator in his/her absence
- Serve as liaison to the Night Security staff
- Key audits and assist with loaner key process
- Attend weekly hall staff meetings, Area Chapter meetings, RHA meetings, meetings with supervisor, and weekly professional staff meetings
- Co-chair on departmental and division committees
- Maintain office hours on a weekly basis to maintain hall visibility
- Maintain day-to-day operation of front desk, included but not limited to: paperwork, keys, employee time sheets, etc.
- Other duties as assigned
Counseling and Crisis Management
- Respond to emergency building situations and inform appropriate personnel
- Respond to crisis situations while assuming campus pager coverage responsibilities
- Act as a first response counselor for students in crisis and with personal concerns
- Serve as a resource and make appropriate referrals to other campus resources
- Serve as part of weekly cell phone duty rotation
- Meal Plan
- Free, fully-furnished apartment with utilities
- $625/month stipend
- On-campus parking pass
- Tuition adjustment (Out of state rate will be adjusted to in state rate)
- $375/year in professional development funds
- October 21, 2013: Application Available
- Interest Session Schedule
- November 13, 2013 at 6:30pm: Interest Session 1 in FUU-2001A – Azalea Coast Room
- January 21, 2014 at 5:30pm: Interest Session 2 in FSC-2011 – Masonboro Island Room
- February 6, 2014 at 6:00pm: Interest Session 3 in FSU-1041 – Long Leaf Pine Room
- February 14, 2014: Application Deadline
- Late March 2014: Invitation Extended for Interview Weekend
- April 4-6, 2014: Interview Weekend* (at UNC-Wilmington campus)
*Applicants: Make sure you are available to attend the April 4-6, 2014 interview weekend. Best of luck!
All candidates applying for the Assistant Resident Coordinator position, with a start date late July 2014, can begin accessing the application online starting October 21, 2013. Candidates should plan on being available to attend the ARC Interview Weekend, scheduled for Friday, April 4 to Sunday, April 6, 2014 if an interview invitation is extended. All application materials should be submitted to Justin Inscoe at: firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: “ARC_Application_candidates.last.name”.
Completed Applications Should Include:
- On-line Application
- Cover Letter
- Three References (requires valid email addresses and phone numbers)
If you have any questions or comments about the Assistant Residence Coordinator position or the application timeline, please contact Justin Inscoe, a current Residence Coordinator in Cornerstone Hall, Honors House, and International House..
910.962.8616 or email@example.com