Contact Dr. Christina Lanier
Office: BR 124
2006 Ph.D. Sociology, University of Delaware
2000 M.A. Applied Sociology, University of Central Florida
1998 B.A. Sociology, University of Central Florida
Curriculum Vitae (PDF)
American Indian Victimization and Offending
Intimate Partner Violence
Substance Use and Abuse among College Students
American Society of Criminology
Sociologist for Women in Society
American Evaluation Association
Alpha Phi Sigma Chapter Advisor
Current Research Projects
Patterns of Homicide and Suicide among American Indians
Social Dynamics of Rural and Urban IPV
Illicit Prescription Drug Use on Campus
IPV and Reasons for Return
- Lanier, Christina and Erin J. Farley. 2011. "What Matters Most? Assessing the Influence of Demographic Characteristics, College-Specific Risk Factors, and Poly-drug use on Nonmedical Prescription Drug Use." Journal of American College Health 59(8):721-727.
- Bachman, Ronet, Heather Zaykowski, Christina Lanier, Margarita Poteyeva, and Rachel Kallmyer. 2010. "Estimating the Magnitude of Rape and Sexual Assault Against American Indian and Alaska Native (AIAN) Women." The Australian and New Zealand Journal of Criminology 43(2):199-222.
- Lanier, Christina and Michael O. Maume. 2009. "Intimate Partner Violence and Social Isolation Across the Rural/Urban Divide." Violence Against Women 15(11):1311-1330.
- Lanier, Christina. 2009. "Structure, Culture, and Leathality: An Integrated Model Approach to American Indian Suicide and Homicide." Homicide Studies 14(1):72-89.
- Bachman, Ronet, Heather Zaykowski, Rachel Kallmyer, Margarita Poteyeva, and Christina Lanier. 2008. "Violence Against American Indian and Alaska Native Women and the Criminal Justice Response: What is Known." US Department of Justice. (PDF)
Social Research Methods
Evaluation, Methods and Policy
Introduction to Criminal Justice
Minorities, Crime and Criminal Justice Policy
Methods of Social Research
Research Methods in Criminal Justice