SeaNet Proxy Access Information
Students can grant another person access to view their student information on SeaNet. This is called granting "proxy access," and the other person is referred to as your proxy. Students can grant a Parent\Guardian, Coach, Advisor or an employer access to view their personal information on SeaNet. Access is granted by e-mail address.
- Log in to SeaNet at https://seanet.uncw.edu using your SeaNet user ID and PIN.
- Select the Proxy Menu Tab and select the link for SeaNet Proxy Management.
- Select Add Proxy.
- Enter the first name, last name, and e-mail address of the person you wish to grant proxy access.
- Select Add Proxy to save and create the proxy.
- The person you just added will be sent an e-mail informing them to set up a PIN/Password. You will also be sent a copy of this e-mail to your UNCW email account.
Setup Proxy Profile:
- On the SeaNet Proxy Management page, select Expand (Proxy Name).
- You must select a relationship for this proxy.
- Enter a description for the person's relationship to you.
- Enter a passphrase for the person. This will be used to identify FERPA identity for phone calls or other off-line queries by the proxy.
Note: If you set a passphrase, select the E-Mail Passphrase icon. This will send your proxy an e-mail with their passphrase included.
- The start and end dates will autofill. You also have the option to modify the start and end dates.
Setup Proxy Authorization:
- Select the Authorization Tab
- You can grant item-by-item access, or you can select the main check boxes next to the major categories to grant access to all items in each category.
- Once you select all the items the proxy should have access to Hit the Email Authorizations link
View Proxy History:
- Select the History Tab
- On this tab you will be able to view your proxy's activity. (Time and date of login and pages they accessed)
View Proxy Communication:
- Select the Communication Tab
- You can monitor emails sent to the proxy and have the ability to resend an email if necessary.
For assistance with SeaNet Proxy please contact SeaNet_Proxy@uncw.edu.