Graduation Deadlines & Application
|Term||SeaNet Opens for Applications||Application Deadline|
|Spring 2015||March 6, 2014||March 6, 2015|
|Summer 2015||June 26, 2014||June 26, 2015|
|Fall 2015||October 16, 2014||October 16, 2015|
|Spring 2016||March 4, 2015||March 4, 2016|
|Summer 2016||June 24, 2015||June 24, 2016|
|Fall 2016||October 14, 2015||October 14, 2016|
|Spring 2017||March 3, 2016||March 3, 2017|
|Summer 2017||June 23, 2016||June 23, 2017|
* There is not a summer commencement. Summer graduates participate in the fall commencement.
Two easy steps to filling out your Graduation Application
On SeaNet, from the "Student Records" menu, choose "Apply to Graduate".
Confirm Application and Check Degree Audit: The View Graduation Applications page on SeaNet will display your complete application. Approximately two hours after you submit your application, the Unofficial Transcript page on SeaNet will display your "Pending" degree status. Now is also a good time to check your SeaNet degree audit and discuss any questions with your academic advisor.
Note to "Walker" Applicants:
- Students may be allowed to participate in the graduation ceremony if they are expected to meet requirements with the completion of one course of up to four (4) hours during the term immediately following the graduation ceremony.
- Students approved to walk will not have their names appear in the commencement program.
- Students approved to walk will not receive any recognition of university honors and/or distinctions (no distinction cords issued) until all graduation requirements have been met.
- Students will fill out the online graduation application for their appropriate term of graduation.
- In addition to the online graduation application, students will be required to complete a Request to Walk in a Graduation Ceremony acknowledging the criteria and responsibilities of walking in a ceremony, prior to meeting graduation requirements. The course still required will be noted on this form along with a copy of their degree audit.
- Each department will be responsible for maintaining a list within their department, as they are notified by the individual students. A list is maintained by the graduation specialist for cap and gown distribution, which is sent to the bookstore and transition programs for record-keeping purposes.
- Any student not meeting the criteria for early participation in graduation, as set forth by the UNCW Faculty Senate, will be denied to participate by the Office of the Registrar. Appeals must go through the student's respective College/School Dean.
A $6 graduation application fee will be added to your student bill when you apply for your degree. The fee will only be charged once per degree. Therefore, if you apply and then need to postpone your graduation, you will not be charged for the change.
If you have attended other higher education institutions and have not had a transcript sent to the Office of the Registrar, please do so.
Some holds on your account, particularly financial, will prevent transcripts and diplomas from being processed. You can check for holds on SeaNet.
Graduate students must be enrolled in the term in which they complete their graduate work or are scheduled to receive their degree. Please review Graduation Information for Graduate Students.
Join the UNCW Alumni Association and get lots of benefits.
Looking for a job? Get in touch with Career Services.
Request for a replacement diploma must be in writing and include the following information:
- Legal name of record
- Student ID number and date of birth
- Degree received
- Date degree awarded
- Current mailing address and daytime phone number
- Student's signature
- Check payable to UNCW in the amount of $50.00 per diploma
- Name, as it should appear on the diploma
The cost for a replacement diploma is $50.00. Checks can be made out to UNCW.
Your order will take 4 weeks to process.
Requests for replacement diplomas should be mailed to:
Office of the Registrar
601 South College Road
Wilmington, NC 28403-5618
Notary services for international authentication of UNCW transcripts can usually be provided upon request during business hours. The service should be requested at the time of the transcript [or replacement diploma] request.
For more information about notary, apostille, and true-copy authentication documents, please refer to the following websites: