Academic Requirements for a Minor in Psychology
Psychology MINOR for students admitted on or after August 2011:
- 18 hours in PSY courses.
- PSY 105 with a grade of "C or better.
- One course from any three of the six content domains*:
- Developmental: PSY 220, PSY 221, or PSY 223.
- Personality and Social: PSY 246 or PSY 264.
- Abnormal: PSY 247.
- Biological: PSY 256.
- Cognitive: PSY 211.
- Learning and Behavior Analysis: PSY 217.
- Six additional credit hours in Psychology. For catalogue years Fall 2016 and later, these hours must be at the 300-400 level. For catalogue years Fall 2011 to Spring 2016, these additional hours can be at the 200, 300, or 400 level.
- No more than one course with a grade of "D" may count toward the minor.
- Overall grade point average of "C" (2.00) or better on all minor courses.
- *Important: Credit may be obtained for only ONE of the following course pairs:
For requirements prior to Fall 2011, please consult your catalogue.