Report a Commendation
The University of North Carolina Wilmington Police Department is committed to providing a safe working, living, and learning environment for faculty, staff, students and visitors. In order for the department to continue providing the highest quality service, the performance of its employees must be closely monitored.
The Police Department is sincerely interested in both rewarding above-average performance and in taking corrective action in instances where an employee fails to meet our standards.
If you have a legitimate commendation, you will be able to create an email message from this page.
Citizen Commendation Procedure
- To commend or compliment the performance of a University of North Carolina Wilmington Police Department employee, notify the Operations Captain, Shift Supervisor or an Investigator:
- By coming in person to the police department located on Lionfish Drive during business hours Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.,
- By email at email@example.com,
- By calling the department's non-emergency number at 910-962-222, or
- By mailing comments to: University of North Carolina Wilmington, Police Department, 601 South College Road, Wilmington, NC 28403
- When a commendation is received verbally, a UNCW Department Awards Application will be completed and forwarded through the chain of command to the Chief of Police.
- Letter of Commendation from citizens are posted for all department employees to view.