University Planning and Quality Council
December 10, 1998 Meeting
Members present: Dr. James Leutze, Chair, Robert Walton, Dr. Jo Ann Seiple, Dr. Perry Bomar for Dr. Virginia Adams, Ms. Pat Leonard, Dr. Brad Walker for Dr. Robert Tyndall, Dr. Terrence Curran, Dr. Denis Carter, Patton McDowell, Ms. Ann Beach for Dr. Michelle Howard-Vital, Dr. Neil Hadley, Dr. Howard Rockness, Dr. Richard Veit, Ms. Sue Cody, Dr. Carole Tallant, and Dr. Dick Ward.
Others attending: Samual Connally, Dr. Melton McLaurin, Ms. Nikki Howard and Robert Fry.
Institutional Effectiveness Committee
- Mr. Fry outlined the need to re-activate the Council's Institutional Effectiveness Committee. He briefly went over the handout that outlined the responsibilities, membership and leadership of this Committee. He recommended that co-chairs, one from the faculty and one from the administrative community, be appointed by the Council. Ms. Nikki Howard, Director of Internal Audit/Assistant to the Chancellor for Compliance has volunteered to serve as the the co-chair for administration portion of the Committee. The Provost and Deans are asked to recommend faculty to serve on this committee. Mr. Fry recommended and the Council supported the concept of making this the self-study Institutional Effectiveness Committee and appointing members to a term that extends through the end of the re-affirmation process.
- Mr. Fry distributed and discussed the proposed process for bringing issues to the University Planning and Quality Council. He emphasized the multi-step process as outlined in the handout.
- Dr. Carter reported that admissions application are now being accepted through the web. He reviewed the admissions statistics for the 1999 spring and fall semesters. He also stated that the Financial Aid office has implemented a plan to process financial aid for transfers within two weeks. If this is successful, the office will move to expand this to more students.
UCLA Faculty Survey
- UCLA and UNCW surveys were distributed to faculty during the past week. Mr. Fry reported that he would post the results to the WEB when all responses are received.
Future Council Meetings:
- February 18, 1999, Alderman 215 from 3:30 to 5:00 PM.
- March 18, 1999, Alderman 215 from 3:30 to 5:00 PM.
- April 22, 1999, Alderman 215 from 3:30 to 5:00 PM.
There being no further business, the meeting adjourned at 4:30 PM.
Last Updated: March 18, 1999