Mailing List Information
If you would like to be added to the political science alumni mailing list or update your information, send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with "alumni" as the subject and the following information in the body:
- Graduation Year
- Contact Information
Stay connected with UNCW Alumni! Update your contact information so we can be in touch about events in your area!
UNCW Alumni Association
Please check out
PIA NEWS & Events
For information visit our
If you would like to make a contribtuion to UNCW please visit UNCW's Campaign website
Alumni and Friends
Poltical Science Majors
- Katie Angell, Legal Professional in New York
- Francis De Luca, president, John W. Pope Civitas Institute http://www.nccivitas.org/about.
- Robert Hatem, Travel Security Analyst in Washington, D.C.
- Kaitlin Helms, attending Law School at the Universtiy of North Carolina Chapel Hill
- Brandon Macsata and Amanda Kornegay, political consultants
- Caroline Logan, internship with The Borgen Project, and will be attending the London School of Economics and Political Science for her Masters degree.
- Taylor Playforth, Regional Field Director of the North Carolina Republican Party
- Jon Thompson, Press Secretary at the Republican Governors Association
- Hank Tucker, International Business Development at Lockheed Martin
- Guy Valente, Inspector with the Organisation for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons in the Hague (OPCW), Nobel Peace Prize team member
- Evan Arant, he currently teaches high school in the Maldives in the South Pacific. As the only math and econ teacher, his classes include: Pre-Calculus, Algebra, Algebra II, Geometry, Accounting, and Economics. He is also the high school boys’ basketball coach.
Master of Public Administration Graduates
- Bill Bennett (2005) – Director of Engineering, North Carolina State Ports Authority
- Elton Daniels (2009) – Magistrate, Brunswick County, NC
- Erin Diener (2007) Director, Cape Fear Housing Land Trust
- Albert Eby (2006) – Director, Cape Fear Public Transportation Authority/WAVE Transien
- Ann Hardy (2004) – Director of Fiscal Operations, Brunswick County NC
- Renda Yvonne Hughes (2008) - Director of Financial Services, Coastal Carolinas Health Alliance
- Brian Johnson (2007) - Federal Affairs Manager, Americans for Tax Reform
- Blair Knox (2004) – Town Manager, Town of Pilot Mountain, NC
- Adrienne McTigue, Transportation Planner for City of Jacksonville, NC https://www.jacksonvillenc.gov/
- Rhonda Smith (2007) – Chief Deputy, New Hanover Sheriff’s Office
- Sallie Smyth, Greater Wilmington Chamber of Commerce, Cape Fear Future Program Coordinator
- Tufanna Thomas (2004) - Strategic Director, Blue Ribbon Commission on the Prevention of Youth Violence United Way of the Cape Fear Area