- UNCW 'filing in the gaps' on youth violence problem WECT
- Committees Pursue Strategies Combatting Youth Violence GWBJ Article
- City Manager suggests UNCW take lead on youth violence prevention StarNews Online
- Community Partnerships Video
- PAL Crosstown Championship: Keeping Kids Out of Trouble WECT
- Branding Team Defines Focus, Next Step GWBJ Article
- Quality of Life May Lure Businesses to Area, Group Says StarNews Online
- Efforts to Create Branding Inch Along WECT
- Officials Seek Clever Hook to Attract Business, 'renaissance' Concept Suggested Port City Daily
- UNCW Impact Report
Bill Kawczynski, Community Partnerships Program Specialist
Connecting UNCW to Our Communities
Worldwide change starts in the community. Our goal is to connect the academic world of UNCW to corporate and community development in order to strengthen ties to a global community. The partnerships that stem from our office have a lasting and significant impact on our region.
- UNCW Professor’s Work Making Strides in Next Phase of Biometrics
UNCW professor Karl Ricanek hasn't discovered the fountain of youth, but his work is making breakthroughs in the field of aging. In addition to being a faculty member in the computer science department and director of the UNCW Institute for Interdisciplinary Studies in Identity Sciences (I2SIS), Ricanek recently launched FaceMyAge.com. more...
- UNCW’s Center for Innovation and Entrepreneurship will host the inaugural Coastal Connect Entrepreneur and Capital Conference (CCECC) on September 4, with entrepreneurial leaders and investors from the Southeastern region, the University announced today. Innovators, creators and budding entrepreneurs who register for the all-day event are invited to attend the networking breakfast, the keynote “riverside chat” with Hugh Forrest (SXSW), and hear from over fifty speakers during the conference’s breakout sessions and panels. Guests are also invited to attend a networking deck party at 4 p.m. more...
New Issue of UNCW Magazine Explores University’s Impact on the Community
From developing the Miracle Field in Wilmington to helping child trafficking victims in Costa Rica, UNCW faculty, staff, students, alumni and friends are making their communities and the world a better place. more...
UNCW'S Jenni Harris is Named Founding Chair of UNC Engagement Council
UNCW's Assistant to the Chancellor for Community Partnerships Jenni Harris has been named the Founding Chair of a new system-wide Engagement Council, the University announced today. Click here for more information.
Regional Branding Initiative: The University of North Carolina Wilmington’s Office of Community Partnerships and the Cameron School of Business have partnered with 20 individuals representing local governments, economic development organizations and a few key industries in the area. Residents of Brunswick, New Hanover and Pender counties participated in the survey. Click here for the link to the Regional Branding Project and survey results. While the Wilmington region has embarked on a regional branding initiative, the State of North Carolina is now in the process of creating a distinctive identity for the Tar Heel state, and they want the public to help via a competition. Click here for more information.
- Each month, our office will focus on faculty, staff and students who make a difference regarding their engagement within our local communities. Click here for details: Faculty Staff Student