Walter H. Conser , Professor
Office: Bear Hall 274
Phone: (910) 962-3412
- Ph.D., Brown University
- A.M., Brown University
- B.A., University of California, Irvine
Areas of Expertise
- Religion in America
- Dr. Conser is also a History Professor at UNCW
- Presbyterians in North Carolina: Race, Politics, and Religious Identity in Historical Perspective (with Robert J. Cain). University of Tennessee Press, 2012.
- Southern Crossroads: Perspectives on Religion and Culture. Edited by W. Conser and R. Payne (Lexington: University Press of Kentucky, 2008)
- A Coat of Many Colors: Religion and Society along the Cape Fear River of North Carolina Lexington: University Press of Kentucky, 2006.
- Sacred Spaces: Architecture and Religion in Historic Wilmington. Wilmington: Bellamy Mansion Museum, 1999.
- Religious Diversity and American Religious History. Edited by W. Conser and S.B. Twiss. University of Georgia, 1997.
- God and the Natural World: Religion and Science in Antebellum America. University of South Carolina, 1993.
- Church and Confession: Conservative Theologians in Germany, England, and America. Mercer University, 1984.
- July 2016 - Dr. Conser delivered a lecture at Heidelburg University, Germany
- July 2016 - Dr. Conser delivered a lecture at Brasenose College, Oxford University, England
- PAR 103: Introduction to Religion
- PAR 242: Religion in America
- PAR 350: Native American Religious Tradition
- PAR 351: Religion in Early America
- PAR 352: Religion in Antebellum America
- PAR 353: Religious Reform in Modern America
- PAR 355: Southern Religion