Stay in Touch
Like us on Facebook for daily news and updates! You can also view our photo gallery, participate in contests, and more!
Student Leadership and Engagement Blog, Launches Spring 2014!
The Office of Student Leadership and Engagement strives to transform individuals and communities through authentic and intentional engagement, leadership, and service.
The Office of Student Leadership and Engagement creates learning opportunities where UNCW students can enhance their desire to engage in their communities, build their capacity to lead, and increase their aspiration to serve others.
Socially Just Contributions
Celebration of Integrity, Growth & Development
The Office of Student Leadership & Engagement will:
- Plan, implement, and assess effective, experiential learning opportunities for UNCW students to engage, lead, and serve the campus and local communities
- Teach and learn with UNCW students to further develop individuals’ knowledge, skills, and capacities
- Intentionally explore and reflect upon engagement, leadership, and service through a socially just perspective
- Create and maintain innovative, collaborative partnerships with campus and community constituents in order to best serve the needs of students, the region, and the State of North Carolina
- Celebrate the integrity, growth, and accomplishments of UNCW students and their commitment to lifelong learning, engagement, leadership, and service
Student Learning Outcomes
By engaging in programs with the Office of Student Leadership and Engagement, students will:
- Understand the relevance and importance of engagement in their community
- Develop their capacities to be both strong leaders and followers
- Increase their awareness, identification, and understanding of community needs and comprehension of individuals’ social responsibility for those needs
- Pursue opportunities to serve others
- Enhance their sense of accomplishment through the celebration of their own and others’ learning and development