The Office of Student Leadership and Engagement will be recognized as a model service area for providing leadership for empowering student learning through community engagement and leadership development initiatives.
The Office of Student Leadership and Engagement creates opportunities in which UNCW students and fraternities & sororities can engage in their communities and serve others, practice leadership and inspire positive change, act congruently with their values, and celebrate excellence.
The OSLE staff will model and educate students around these principle values:
- Practicing EXCELLENCE by
- Being AUTHENTIC
- Acting with PURPOSE
- Living with PASSION
- Exhibiting INTEGRITY and
- Respecting DIFFERING PERSPECTIVES
By engaging in programs with the Office of Student Leadership and Engagement, students (both individually and collectively) will:
- Understand the relevance and importance of engagement in their community
- Develop their capacities to practice leadership for positive change
- Develop an awareness of their own values, while also learning to respect the diverse perspectives of others
- Increase their awareness, understanding, and ownership of community needs and social responsibility
- Make meaning of their experiences in order to develop and utilize their skills and abilities in myriad contexts
- Celebrate their own and others’ learning and development