Program Terms and Conditions
Bookstore Buck$ Overview
The Bookstore Buck$ program has been implemented to provide students increased flexibility in purchasing textbooks and school related supplies. Students can now charge their student account up to $700 for each Fall and Spring term and $300 Summer I and Summer II combined for use in the UNCW Bookstore. Bookstore Buck$ will be placed on the UNCW One Card and will be available to purchase textbooks and school related supplies three weeks prior to the first day of class. The program is designed to provide students, including those receiving financial aid, advanced access to funds for use in the UNCW Bookstore.
All registered students are eligible to participate using their UNCW One Card. To utilize the program, students sign up through their “My Seaport” account online. The amount of Bookstore Buck$ purchased is charged to the Student Account (students can sign up and charge in increments of $100.00 up to a maximum of $700.00 per Fall and Spring terms and $300.00 for Summer I and II terms combined). The funds will be deposited onto the UNCW One Card and available beginning three weeks prior to the first day of class. The opportunity to purchase additional Bookstore Buck$ is available until the last day of registration (drop/add date) for each term.
Use the following steps to sign up for the Bookstore Buck$ program.The amount will be charged to the Student Account prior to the applicable billing cycle or on the following day depending when the Bookstore Buck$ purchase was made. The Bookstore Buck$ funds will be available beginning three weeks prior to the start of class. By signing up for the Bookstore Buck$ program, the student accepts responsibility of the charges placed on their student account.
To Sign up for Bookstore Buck$ click on the following link below.
- You will be at MySeaport. Log in with your UNCW email address and password.
- Click on the Student Services tab.
- On the left menu under Services, click on Bookstore Buck$.
- A new webpage will appear. You then select which amount you wish to add to your Bookstore Buck$ account from the dropdown menu and click the submit button
- The terms and conditions page will appear. You will have to click the confirm button and then it will be added to your account.
Terms and Conditions
Funds charged to the student bill for Bookstore Buck$ must be paid by the deadline provided by the Student Accounts Office. Students that are not financial aid recipients can add the Bookstore Buck$ and pay for them similarly to the other charges on their Student Account. Students receiving financial aid may add the charge to their account and it will be paid the same way other charges are paid when the financial aid funds are released. NOTE: It is recommended that financial aid recipients meet with their counselor prior to signing up for the Bookstore Buck$ program to ensure they have enough funds to cover their anticipated charges.
- Bookstore Buck$ is an optional account of pre-deposited funds accessed through the student’s UNCW One Card to purchase textbooks and school related supplies. Funds cannot be withdrawn as cash from the card at any time. If the cardholder is no longer affiliated with UNCW, a refund may be processed (See Closing Accounts, Refunds, and Returns under the UNCW One Card Terms).
- The student must opt-in each term. Unused funds remain on the card and roll over from term to term.
- The deposited funds shall be applied against amounts debited from your Bookstore Buck$ for purchase of textbooks and school related supplies at the UNCW Bookstore. There is no limit to the number of purchases that may be made and debited to the account, provided funds are available. The cardholder understands and agrees the UNCW One Card is not a credit card, nor can it be used to obtain cash or cash advances from the account under any circumstances.
- Bookstore Buck$ may not be used for the purchase of Gift Cards at the UNCW Bookstore. This is a Barnes & Noble company policy.
- The cardholder's Bookstore Buck$ account comes automatically with the UNCW One Card. The account is not activated until the student makes a deposit in the account. The opportunity to purchase additional Bookstore Buck$ is available until the last day of registration (drop/add date) for each term. Funds charged to their student account for Bookstore Buck$ must be reconciled with the Student Accounting Office as designated by the published deadlines.
- Bookstore Buck$ program privileges can be revoked at any time at the discretion of Auxiliary Services.
Returns, Refunds, and Closing Accounts
Merchandise will be accepted for return according to the policy in force at the UNCW Bookstore where the items were purchased. Cash refunds will not be made for returned merchandise purchased with Bookstore Buck$. Bookstore Buck$ remain active and the funds carry over to each consecutive term until the student chooses to close it or until separating from the university. In order to close their Bookstore Buck$ account the student must complete the Bookstore Buck$ Refund Request Form which can be found at the UNCW ONE Card office and either mail the form to the office or deliver it in person.