Academic Affairs: Office of e-Learning News– April 1st, 2011
Bb Learn Downtime: Blackboard Learn will be unavailable on the following dates for maintenance.
Monday, May 16th – 3pm through Wednesday, May 18th - 11:59 pm
Wednesday, August 3rd – 8am through Sunday, August 7th – 11:59 pm
Bb Learn Migration – Migrate your Vista course content to the Fall 2011 course shells in Bb Learn. For information on migrating course content, please visit the ITSD migration website for Migration Forms, FAQs, and additional information.
Introduction to Bb Learn
The Office of e-Learning is offering an Introduction session to Bb Learn for faculty who are rebuilding or migrating content into the new system. This session is for people new to the platform. We will be offering this introduction session throughout the rest of the semester both face-to-face or via webinar.
- Friday, April 8th – 10:00 – 11:30
- Monday, April 11th – 11:30 – 1:00
- Monday, April 18th – 2:00 – 3:30
- Friday, April 29th – 10:00 – 11:30
- Friday, April 29th – 2:00 – 3:30
- Tuesday, May 3rd – 10:00 – 11:30
- Thursday, May 5th – 2:00 – 3:30
- Friday, May 6th – 10:00 – 11:30
- Friday, May 6th – 2:00 – 3:30
Click here to register
Request New Blackboard Features or Fixes- Submit your ideas for enhancing Blackboard Learn directly to Blackboard.
Office of e-Learning Events for April
Trainings are offered both face-to-face and via Webinar. You can choose which venue to participate on the registration form.
- Course Design Evaluation – April 5th or 6th noon – 2pm. Click here to register
This session covers how to evaluate the quality of your course through self, peer, or student evaluation. Topics include the Quality Matters and the Exemplary Course Program rubrics.
- Student Engagement I – April 12th or 13th noon – 2pm. Click here to register.
This session covers basic student interaction design and tools. Topics covered include effective course discussion and instructor availability.
- Student Engagement II– April 19th or 20th noon – 2pm. Click here to register.
This session covers synchronous student interaction, design, and tools. Topics include conducting office hours, tutoring, and live demonstrations.
- Student Assessment I – April 26th or 27th noon – 2pm. Click here to register.
This session covers assessing student-generated work. Topics include effectively utilizing the grade center, assignment creation, and creating and grading safe assignment (anti-plagiarism service).
We welcome your questions and comments!
Patricia Gonzalez, Sheri Anderson, and Beth Allred e-Learning@uncw.edu, Academic Affairs: Office of e-Learning