November 7, 2011
UNCW's Office of Cultural Arts and New Hanover County Schools present a week-long in-school artist residency, Nov. 14-18, at Snipes Academy with puppeteer Hobey Ford.
December 5, 2011
The Carolina Chocolate Drops - the newest and youngest players in a long lineage of black string bands known for their “Hit ‘Em Up Style” will take the stage in UNCW’s Kenan Auditorium at 8 p.m. on Tuesday, Nov. 29.
December 5, 2011
UNCW's Randall Library and Museum of World Cultures are celebrating the value of artists to education and society by designating North Carolina Living Treasures.
December 5, 2011
The UNCW will offer a rare glimpse at some of the world’s most unique movies during the Exclusif: New French Film Festival Dec. 4-6.
January 18, 2012
MTV’s hit show “The Buried Life” will be asking students at the University of North Carolina Wilmington "What do you want to do before you die?" on Wednesday, Jan. 18.
January 23, 2012
UNC Wilmington's Ann Flack Boseman Gallery presents "Philip J. Merrill: An Artifactual Journey Across North Carolina," Jan. 12-Feb. 16, 2012.
January 27, 2012
Ron Dortch, a notable arts educator and performer, will help commemorate the leadership of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. through a creative theatrical performance at UNCW Jan. 31.
January 27, 2012
"American Idol" has some competition. On Thursday, Feb. 2, students will show off their singing skills at UNCW's spinoff of the hit show -- the 6th annual Dub Idol.
January 31, 2012
UNCW presents a weeklong residency with the musicians and teaching artists of Jazz at Lincoln Center, which will culminate Sat. Feb. 25 with a Family Concert in Kenan Auditorium.
February 1, 2012
Acclaimed poet Mary Ruefle will read from her work Feb. 15 at UNCW. Ruefle is the spring 2012 distinguished writer-in-residence for poetry in the Department of Creative Writing.
February 27, 2012
Novelist Cristina Garcia will speak at UNC Wilmington at 4:30 p.m., Wednesday, March 7 in Lumina Theater. Her appearance is part of the English department's Buckner Lecture Series.
March 2, 2012
The UNCW Ann Flack Boseman Gallery announces the tenth annual All Student Show. The juried exhibition runs through April 3.
March 9, 2012
Edith Pearlman, author of Binocular Vision, the inaugural book from UNC Wilmington's Lookout Books imprint, has won the National Book Critics Circle Award in fiction.
March 16, 2012
UNCW Arts in Action will present First Person: Seeing America, with narration by NPR host Neal Conan and actress Lily Knight at 8 p.m. on Friday, March 30 in Kenan Auditorium.
March 16, 2012
Philip Gerard, fiction and nonfiction writer and chair of the UNCW Department of Creative Writing, will read from The Patron Saint of Dreams, at 7 p.m. on Tuesday, March 20.
March 19, 2012
Rap-rockers Gym Class Heroes will perform on Thursday, March 22, in Kenan Auditorium at the University of North Carolina Wilmington. Doors open at 7:30 p.m.
March 21, 2012
Grammy-nominated pioneers of dance Pilobilus will perform at UNC Wilmington's Kenan Auditorium at 8 p.m. Saturday, March 31 as part of their 40th anniversary tour.
March 21, 2012
UNCW announced today that it will provide a new permanent home for Art for the Masses, the premier show for local artists to showcase their work directly to area art lovers.
March 29, 2012
The UNCW Office of Cultural Arts, in partnership with the Upperman African American Cultural Center and Africana Studies, presents The Parchman Hour.
April 3, 2012
Edith Pearlman, award-winning author of Binocular Vision: New & Selected Stories, will join a celebration of Lookout Books and the literary journal Ecotone at 7:30 p.m. April 15.
April 11, 2012
The UNCW Department of Theatre announces Margo Veil by Len Jenkin, shows run April 19-22; April 26-29.
April 12, 2012
The UNCW Arts in Action Performance Series proudly welcomes the Karrin Allyson Trio in concert with the UNCW Big Band at 8 p.m. on Friday, April 20 in Kenan Auditorium.
April 16, 2012
The UNCW Department of Communication Studies/Readers Theatre presents the musical WORKING April 26-29 through special arrangement with Music Theatre International (MTI).
May 8, 2012
UNCW's Department of Film Studies and Osher Lifelong Learning Institute (OLLI) present Wagner’s epic Ring cycle, recorded Live in HD at New York's Metropolitan Opera.
May 14, 2012
I Am My Own Wife, the senior capstone project of two University of North Carolina Wilmington theatre students, will come to life on the stage of The Red Barn Studio May 17-20.
May 21, 2012
Ordinary Magic: Disposable Camera Photographs by New Hanover County K-12 Students will be on view in the UNCW CAB gallery.
June 7, 2012
The UNCW Boseman Gallery presents In a Bind - Books Designed by UNCW Students through July 30. This exhibition showcases a wide range of book-making activity at UNCW.
June 19, 2012
A poem written by Sarah Messer, associate professor of creative writing at University of North Carolina Wilmington, was published in the Spring 2012 issue of Ploughshares.
June 28, 2012
UNCW Presents celebrates 20 years of bringing an array of the highest caliber of performing artists from around the world to the UNC Wilmington campus.
July 12, 2012
Xhenet Aliu, a graduate of the University of North Carolina Wilmington, was awarded the 2012 Prairie Schooner Book Prize in Fiction for her manuscript, Domesticated Wild Things.
August 8, 2012
UNCW Office of Cultural Arts Announces New Season of High Profile Performances and Artist Residencies. Headliners include Grammy Lifetime Achievement Award winner Mavis Staples.
August 9, 2012
The Osher Lifelong Learning Institute (OLLI) at University of North Carolina Wilmington is proud to bring audiences “The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time.”
August 22, 2012
Renowned resident pianists Norman Bemelmans and Elizabeth Loparits are featured in the concert, “Music of the Russian Romantics," at 8 p.m. Thursday, Sept. 6 in Kenan Auditorium.
September 6, 2012
The Kenan Auditorium at UNCW recently converted 33 incandescent stage lights to LEDs, a switch that reduces energy consumption and saves the university about $2,500 per year.
September 17, 2012
The UNCW Ann Flack Boseman Gallery presents Innocent Nkurunziza: Rwanda Shares Sept. 20 through Oct. 25. The exhibition formally opens with a reception at 5:30 p.m. on Sept. 20.
September 24, 2012
UNCW will reap the benefits of being located in the “Hollywood of the East” Oct. 11-12 when veteran filmmakers and screenwriters Chad and Carey Hayes visit campus.
September 26, 2012
Compagnie de Danse Jean-René Delsoin, UNCW International Artists in Residence from Haiti, on tour as part of Center StageSM.
October 3, 2012
The Osher Lifelong Learning Institute (OLLI) at UNCW announces the 2012-13 Met: Live in HD season. The series begins Oct. 13 with the live transmission of L'Elisir d'Amore.
October 10, 2012
The UNC Wilmington Department of Theatre presents El Zorro!, the second show of its 2012-13 season. The one act play of adventurous swashbuckling swordplay will run Oct.18-21.
October 19, 2012
UNCW Presents announces the renowned and bilingual Dali Quartet will bring their unique blend of classical technique and Latin-American music to UNCW’s Kenan Auditorium on Oct. 25.
November 1, 2012
The UNC Wilmington Dept of Theatre presents Angels in America Part One: Millennium Approaches in coordination with the UNCW Presents lecture by AIDS Quilt founder Cleve Jones.
November 9, 2012
Cucalorus Film Festival to show “Bell Rung," a documentary about football players’ head injuries, that was produced by UNCW theatre faculty member Nick Basta.
November 12, 2012
Art for the Masses, the premier Wilmington art show and sale, is celebrating its 10th year with a new home on the campus of UNCW.
November 14, 2012
Legendary bluegrass masters Peter Rowan, Cody Kilby of Kentucky Thunder and The Travelin’ McCourys pay tribute to the father of bluegrass Bill Monroe at 8 p.m. on Nov. 29.
December 10, 2012
UNCW Masters Series Headliner Mavis Staples invited to perform at the 2013 MusicCares Person of the Year Gala honoring Bruce Springsteen. UNCW concert to be held two days earlier.
December 21, 2012
The UNCW Theatre Department is hosting the North Carolina Dance Festival at the Cultural Arts Building on campus.
January 8, 2013
Grammy-winning gospel and blues legend Mavis Staples performs at 8 p.m. on Tuesday, Feb. 5 in UNCW’s Kenan Auditorium. The performance is part of the UNCW Masters Series.
January 8, 2013
The Film Studies department will commemorate its successful collaboration with Intellect Press during a Feb. 5 reception on campus.
January 25, 2013
UNCW assistant professor Andi Steele has a new art exhibition open at the Wilma W. Daniels Gallery at CFCC.
January 29, 2013
"The Final Gift" to be screened at 6 p.m. on Feb. 8 in the Azalea Coast Room, followed by a discussion with the documentary's director.
January 30, 2013
Several UNCW faculty are involved in staging "Lieutenant of Inishmore" at City Stage.
February 4, 2013
UNCW’s Women’s Studies Student Association (WSSA) will sponsor performances of "The Vagina Monologues" on Feb. 13 and 17 in Lumina Theater.
February 5, 2013
The UNC Wilmington Department of Theatre continues its 2012-13 season with William Shakespeare’s famous comedy A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Feb. 14-17 and 21-24.
February 5, 2013
Cristina Garcia, UNCW spring 2013 visiting writer, will read from her forthcoming novel and latest collection of short stories on Feb. 7.
February 6, 2013
UNCW Presents announces Live at Birdland a Valentine’s evening concert featuring Birdland Big Band with world-renowned drummer and bandleader Tommy Igoe.
February 7, 2013
Acclaimed national dance ensemble CONTRA-TIEMPO returns to Wilmington for an intensive, community and educational residency, Feb. 11-23.
February 20, 2013
An international exhibition, juried by Asheville book sculptor Daniel Essig, features artwork which studies books through a variety of artistic media.
March 8, 2013
UNCW Presents welcomes the signature harmonic sound of post-bluegrass band Bearfoot to Kenan Auditorium at 7 p.m. on Thursday, March 14.
March 22, 2013
The UNC Wilmington Office of Cultural Arts presents a piano concert by Norman Bemelmans, “Pictures at an Exhibition: Music by Mussorgsky, Debussy & Liszt,” on April 2.
March 26, 2013
The UNC Wilmington Department of Theatre presents PROM, a production by New Paradise Laboratories. Shows will run April 11-14 and April 18-21.
March 27, 2013
UNCW Presents and Thalian Hall are proud to host Evalyn Parry’s Spin, Starring the Bicycle at 8 p.m. on Thursday, April 4 on the Thalian Hall Main Stage.
April 2, 2013
An international exhibition, juried by Asheville book sculptor Daniel Essig, features artwork which studies books through a variety of artistic media.
April 4, 2013
The UNCW Association for Campus Entertainment (ACE) announces two exciting exhibits that will run from April 11-July 30.
April 8, 2013
Work of UNCW graduating studio art seniors on display in CAB gallery, opens with free reception April 11.
May 16, 2013
Shane Fernando, UNCW Director of Campus Life Arts and Programs, has been named president of the Thalian Hall Board of Trustees.
May 30, 2013
Funding provides community with exclusive performances, panel discussions and workshops hosted by internationally acclaimed artists.
June 10, 2013
Six events, along with related outreach activities, are scheduled September 2013 through April 2014 in UNCW’s Kenan Auditorium. Season tickets are on sale now.
July 7, 2013
The UNCW Department of Music invites the campus community and members of the public to upcoming jazz concerts.
September 25, 2013
Due to the shutdown of the federal government, the U.S. Army Ground Forces Band will not appear in concert as previously publicized.
Archives by Date
- Sep 6: UNC Wilmington's Randall Library Exhibit Provides Glimpse into Sports History through Vast Collection of Memorabilia
- Sep 7: Cape Fear Future and UNC Wilmington Introduce Website to Help Fill Resource Gap in "STEM" Programs for Local Students
- Sep 7: Hundreds of Seahawks Invited to Return to the Nest for UNCW's 2011 Family and Alumni Weekend
- Sep 7: UNCW Students Organize WE REMEMBER Tribute to 9/11 Victims, First Responders and Veterans Friday, Sept. 9
- Sep 8: David Gessner to Read at the University of North Carolina Wilmington Sept. 15
- Sep 9: Victims of 9/11 Commemorated by 1,500 Seahawks on UNCW Lawn
- Sep 12: UNC Wilmington Department of Theatre Opens 2011-12 Season Sept. 22 with The Bald Soprano and The Room
- Sep 12: UNC Wilmington Announces Position to Focus on Community Partnerships
- Sep 13: Unique Actress Jumpstarts UNCW's Exploration of Hurricane Katrina and Injustice Sept. 14
- Sep 14: UNC Wilmington Again in U.S. News' Top 5 Public Master's Universities in the South; 14 Consecutive Years in Top 10
- Sep 15: UNC Wilmington to Bring Together Area Superintendents to Discuss Education Challenges, Innovative Solutions Sept. 19
- Sep 15: Mayor Bill Saffo to Kick-Off Celebration of Hispanic Heritage Month at UNCW Sept. 15
- Sep 15: Siren and Emergency Communications Test Scheduled for Monday, Sept. 19 at Noon
- Sep 19: THIS IS A TEST of the UNCW Alert Emergency Notification System
- Sep 20: UNCW Report Reviews Recent Off-Campus Shooting Incident, Identifies Specific Actions for Campus Notification Improvement
- Sep 21: Tour Unique UNCW Lab Supporting Marine Mammal Stranding Program and other Biology-Marine Biology Research
- Sep 21: UNC Wilmington Activities Help Raise Awareness of Rape, Abuse, Incest and Relationship Violence, Sept. 22-26
- Sep 23: UNCW Seahawks Come Together for Annual Beach Sweep Sept. 24
- Sep 28: The Met: Live in HD Returns to UNC Wilmington for Sixth Season; Anna Bolena Premieres Oct. 15
- Sep 29: Community Invited to Third Annual Hispanic Business Development Conference at UNCW
- Sep 30: 2011 UNCW Economic Outlook Conference to Focus on Forecasts, Global Trade and Real Estate
- Aug 1: Siren and UNCW Alert Emergency Notification System Test Scheduled for Today POSTPONED Until Next Monday, Aug. 8
- Aug 2: Patterson, Furia to Discuss Songs of Hollywood
- Aug 3: UNCW Monitoring Tropical System Emily
- Aug 3: UNC Wilmington Again Among Best Universities in 2012 National College Guides from Fiske, Princeton Review
- Aug 4: UNC Wilmington Office of Cultural Arts Receives $14,500 in Grants from NC Arts Council
- Aug 4: Wynton Marsalis and Pilobolus to Highlight UNC Wilmington Office of Cultural Arts 2011/12 Season
- Aug 5: UNCW to Test Seahawk Warning Siren System and Emergency Communication Tools at NOON Monday, AUG. 8
- Aug 8: THIS IS A TEST, Monday, Aug. 8, 12:10 p.m.
- Aug 10: UNCW Chancellor Gary Miller to Tour Onslow County Extension Site, Meet Students Aug. 15
- Aug 17: Move-In 2011: More Than 1,700 Volunteers to Welcome New UNCW Students Home Aug. 20
- Aug 18: Caution: Potential for Flooding on Campus
- Aug 18: Media Advisory: Meetings of the UNCW Board of Trustees
- Aug 18: Beach Blast, Fireworks and Lemonade Stands Say "UNCWelcome Back" to Students This Month
- Aug 22: Students, Faculty and Staff: Be Prepared for Hurricane Irene
- Aug 24: UNCW Monitoring Hurricane Irene; Significant Impact to Campus NOT Anticipated
- Aug 24: Writer Scott Cairns to Read at the University of North Carolina Wilmington Sept. 8.
- Aug 25: UNCW Continues to Monitor Hurricane Irene; Further Updates Will be Provided Later Today
- Aug 25: Voluntary Evacuation Issued for UNCW Due to Hurricane Irene Beginning Noon on Friday; Updates Will Be Provided Tomorrow
- Aug 26: Hurricane Irene Update: Voluntary Evacuation Continues; Classes and All Campus Events Cancelled Beginning at Noon TODAY
- Aug 29: UNC Wilmington Board of Trustees Swears in Three New Members, Elects New Officers
- Aug 30: UNC Wilmington to Offer Week-Long Series of Commemorative Events Reflecting on 9/11
- Aug 30: UNC Wilmington Casting Call for Invisible Man Development Project
- Aug 31: American Historian Mike Wallace to Lecture on the Creation of Modern New York City at UNC Wilmington Sept. 9
- Sep 1: UNC Wilmington Department of Theatre Opens 2010-11 Performance Season Sept. 16 with The Book of Liz
- Sep 1: UNCW in Tropical Storm Watch Area for Hurricane Earl Wind and Rain
- Sep 1: UNCW Still Under Tropical Storm Warning for Hurricane Earl Wind and Rain
- Sep 2: UNCW Under Tropical Storm Warning; Classes Cancelled After 4 p.m. Thurs., Employees on Schedule
- Sep 2: UNCW Under Tropical Storm Warning: Thurs. Classes Are Now Cancelled; Employees to Leave By 6 p.m.
- Sep 3: Tropical Storm Warning for UNCW Lifted: Classes and Facilities Back On Schedule Today
- Sep 9: No Impact Man Speaks at UNCW Sept 20
- Sep 9: Guitarist Lionel Loueke Brings Jazz, African Sounds to the Stage at Kenan, Sept. 22
- Sep 10: UNCW Nursing Students to Help at Free Prostate Clinic Serving the Underinsured
- Sep 10: UNC Wilmington to Conduct Full Volume Test of Seahawk Warning Siren System Monday, Sept. 13 at NOON
- Sep 13: UNCW to Test Seahawk Warning Siren System and UNCW Alert Communication Tools at NOON TODAY, Monday, Sept. 13
- Sep 13: MARBIONC at UNC Wilmington Signs Agreement with Cary-based Ocean Therapeutics to License Research Products
- Sep 13: UNC Wilmington Invites Children Ages 4-7 to Explore "In the Belly of a Whale," Sept. 25
- Sep 14: UNC Wilmington Pre-Veterinary Students Offer No-Cost Rabies Clinic Sept. 18
- Sep 14: 300 Business Leaders to Explore N.C.'s Economic Future at Entrepreneurship Summit Hosted by UNCW Sept. 19-20
- Sep 16: UNCW Seahawks Are Invited to Fly Home for Family & Alumni Weekend 2010
- Sep 17: Health Department and UNCW Nursing Students to team up for Brunswick Health Fair TOMORROW
- Sep 20: Nationally Renowned No Impact Man to Kick Off UNCW Sustainability Challenges and Events
- Sep 21: Fashion Show: Seahawk Spirit and Social Responsibility to be Showcased by National Clothing Line at UNCW
- Sep 22: CONTRA-TIEMPO Arts Residency at Bradley Creek School Offers Visual Ops with Students, Artists This Week and Next
- Sep 22: First UNCW Children's Book Is Written by Alumna – Book Signing Thursday
- Sep 22: UNC Wilmington Programs Bring Families Together for Fun, Learning during NC Science Festival Sept. 23-25
- Sep 27: Experts to Forecast the Future of N.C.'s Economy and Military Growth at 2010 UNCW Economic Outlook Conference
- Sep 27: Mehrtens Announces Decision to Resign as Athletic Director
- Sep 27: Celebrated Author Joyce Carol Oates to Read at UNCW Oct. 29; Tickets Available Now
- Sep 27: Charlotte Bobcats to Play Exhibition Game at UNCW Sunday, Oct. 3; Tickets Available Wednesday
- Sep 28: Sherman Emerging Scholar Lecture at UNC Wilmington to Explore "Contagion and Conquest in the Caribbean" Oct. 21
- Sep 28: Farmers' Market at UNCW to Showcase Local Farmers and Vendors - Rain or Shine
- Sep 28: More Than 200 to Tackle Childhood Obesity Epidemic during Summit at UNCW
- Sep 29: Heavy Rainfall in Forecast Today and Thurs. May Cause Flooding; Travel with Caution
- Sep 29: “Healthy Start for Children” Interactive Workshop at UNCW Sept. 30 to Help Combat Childhood Obesity
- Sep 29: UNCW Classes CANCELLED Tonight, Sept. 29, if Begin At or After 5 p.m.; University on Normal Schedule Tomorrow
- Sep 29: Tornado Watch until 7 a.m. for UNCW Area; Heavy Rain to Continue Into Morning
- Sep 30: UNCW Operating on a Normal Schedule Thursday; No Concerns with On-Campus Travel
- Sep 30: UNC Wilmington to Host Major Conference of Higher Education Banner Software Users Oct. 4-5
- Aug 3: Kids Tackle Oil Spill and Other Marine Offenders Hands-on This Week
- Aug 4: UNCWelcome Back to Students: Move-In, Beach Blast, Fireworks, Carnival and More
- Aug 4: Princeton Review Names UNCW "Best in Southeast" for Seventh Consecutive Year
- Aug 9: N.C. Arts Council Awards $15,000 Grant to UNC Wilmington Office of Cultural Arts
- Aug 11: UNC Wilmington Human Resources Recognized by National Organization for Reassigning Staff in 2009 to Avoid Layoffs
- Aug 12: UNCW Presents Announces 2010/11 Season — Live Theatre, Jazz, Dance, World Music, Notable Speakers
- Aug 13: Media Advisory: Meetings of the UNCW Board of Trustees Aug. 19-20
- Aug 16: Forbes Ranks UNC Wilmington among the Top 20 "Best Buy" Universities in the Nation
- Aug 17: UNC Wilmington Receives Highest Ranking Ever from U.S. News; Named a Top 5 Public Master's University in the South
- Aug 17: UNCW’s New Library Learning Commons Offers Enhanced Technology, Modern Space Designed for Student Success
- Aug 18: UNC Wilmington Teams to Gather Baseline Sampling of Coastal Waters on Topsail Island Aug. 19
- Aug 18: UNC Wilmington to Unveil New Nursing Building to Media Aug. 24 with Tour, Simulation Exercise
- Aug 19: Wilmington Businessmen Eshelman, Swain Join UNC Wilmington Board of Trustees
- Aug 19: Flood Advisory EXTENDED until 7:30 p.m.; Avoid Low Lying Areas Due to Potential Flooding
- Aug 23: INTERVIEW OPPORTUNITY FROM AQUARIUS LAB ON THE SEAFLOOR Wednesday, Aug. 25, 11:30 a.m. EDT
- Aug 24: National Magazine Recognizes UNCW as "Military Friendly" – Talk with Military at UNCW Aug. 25
- Aug 25: Photos Available from Coral Reef Research Mission in Aquarius Underwater Habitat
- Aug 25: Los Angeles-Based Latin Dance Company Begins Two-Week Artist Residency through UNC Wilmington
- Aug 26: 2010-11 Season of Met Opera: Live in HD at UNC Wilmington Offers High Octane Performances, New Ring Cycle
- Aug 27: UNC Wilmington Freshman Honors Scholars to Hold Beach Sweep at Kure Beach Aug 28
- Aug 30: UNCW Monitoring Hurricane Earl; High Rip Current Activity
- Aug 31: UNC Wilmington to Open Dedicated Facility for Osher Lifelong Learning Institute Sept. 1
- Aug 31: UNCW Makes $4.5 Million Upgrade Pay for Itself
- Aug 31: UNCW on Alert and Finalizing Preparations for Hurricane Earl; University on Normal Operating Schedule
- Apr 5: Conditions Hazardous for Fires: Use Extra Caution
- Apr 6: Emergency Called Meeting of UNCW Board of Trustees Executive Committee, 3:45 p.m., Tuesday, April 6
- Apr 6: 150 Persons with Disabilities to Play Hard at 9th Annual Accessible Recreation Day April 16
- Apr 6: UNC Wilmington Hosts Program to Support Male Minority Community College Students April 8
- Apr 12: UNC Wilmington Students Attack Tough Job Market through Job Search Boot Camp April 14
- Apr 12: UNC Wilmington Faculty Member's Short Film Wins Jury Award at Charleston International Film Festival
- Apr 12: Media Advisory: Meetings of the UNCW Board of Trustees April 22-23
- Apr 13: Lend Your Support April 16 and Make the Pledge Not to Text and Drive; Sign Up, Win Prizes and Help Save Lives
- Apr 14: Path to Nursing Career Paved for High School Students Graduating from UNC Wilmington Program
- Apr 15: UNC Wilmington's Department of Theatre Presents Dead Man's Cell Phone April 22-26
- Apr 15: UNC Wilmington Mourns the Loss of Legendary Leaders Burney and Crews
- Apr 15: UNC Wilmington Pre-Dental Students to Assist with Free Dental Clinic April 30 and May 1
- Apr 16: Sustainability Week, Earth Day at UNC Wilmington Offer Green Fun
- Apr 16: Emergency Called Meeting of UNCW Board of Trustees Executive Committee, 9:30 a.m., Friday, April 16
- Apr 19: UNC Wilmington Professor Frank Trimble Receives 2010 UNC Board of Governors Award for Excellence in Teaching
- Apr 19: UNC Wilmington Art Students Compete TOMORROW to Have Sculptures Exhibited at Mayfaire
- Apr 20: Hillcrest Residents to Enjoy Friends, Food and Fun with UNCW Students April 21
- Apr 21: UNC Wilmington to Build New Facility for Psychology; Ceremonial Groundbreaking Thursday
- Apr 21: UNC Wilmington Photography Club Presents “Pristine/Pollution” Exhibit for Earth Day
- Apr 22: 100 UNCW International Students and Friends to Share BBQ and Volleyball April 25
- Apr 22: UNCW's Watson School of Education Celebrates its History with Public Open House April 27
- Apr 22: Race Cars and Nanny Cams Pitched For Millions at UNCW April 28
- Apr 23: The Bernard Osher Foundation Gives $1 Million Scholarship Endowment for Reentry Students to UNC Wilmington
- Apr 26: Commencement 2010: More Than 1,900 UNCW Seahawks to Fly On Their Own
- Apr 26: UNC Wilmington Public Sociology Students to Present on Community-Based Research at Breakfast Event April 27
- Apr 26: UNCW Center for Marine Science to Host Innovation Workshop for State's Marine Research Community April 28
- Apr 2: 14th Annual Earl Allen Memorial Golf Tournament to be Held April 28 at UNC Wilmington
- Apr 6: UNC Wilmington Poet Lavonne J. Adams to read from recently released, prize-winning collection April 16
- Apr 6: N.C. Disabled Participants to Access Recreation at UNC Wilmington April 17
- Apr 7: Special Called Meeting of UNCW Board of Trustees Executive Committee, 10 a.m., Thursday, April 9, Alderman Hall 110
- Apr 7: Senior Adults to Find Employment, Support at UNC Wilmington Gerontology Fair April 15
- Apr 8: Dance for Diversity at the 10th Annual UNC Wilmington Stompin' at the Savoy Fundraiser
- Apr 9: Sculpture Donated by Irwin "Ike" Belk Installed at Randall Library
- Apr 13: Job-Hunting Boot Camp for UNC Wilmington Students April 15
- Apr 15: 100 Future Teachers at UNC Wilmington Learn How to Get a Job April 16
- Apr 15: Free SAT Practice Test, Apr. 25
- Apr 15: UNC Wilmington Presents Fourth Annual Undergraduate Research Showcase
- Apr 16: Sustainability Week, Earth Day Paint UNC Wilmington Green April 19-25
- Apr 16: Theatre Presents Our American Cousin, Apr. 23-27
- Apr 16: UNC Wilmington Seeks to Lessen Impact of Potential Budget Reductions through Strategic Process
- Apr 16: UNC Wilmington to Host Summit on Southeast Regional Economic Development and Transformation
- Apr 20: UNC Wilmington Beach Sweep April 25 for National Volunteer Week
- Apr 21: 2009 UNC Wilmington Razor Walker Awards Recognize North Carolina Leaders for Service to Children and Youth
- Apr 22: Media Advisory: Meetings of the UNCW Board of Trustees April 23-24
- Apr 22: UNC Wilmington Surf Club Takes Top Honors at NSSA East Coast Championships
- Apr 23: UNC Wilmington Receives Technology Enhancement Grant from the North Carolina Biotechnology Center
- Apr 27: UNC Wilmington Psychology Professor Len Lecci Receives 2009 UNC Board of Governors Award for Excellence in Teaching
- Apr 27: UNC Wilmington Entrepreneurship Center hosts "Rocket Pitch" Event on April 29
- Apr 27: Swine Flu Precautions and Info.
- Apr 27: Rosemary DePaolo Honored as Woman of Achievement by GFWC of North Carolina
- Apr 28: Commencement at UNC Wilmington May 8 and 9: Two Days, Four Ceremonies, 1,815 Degrees
- Apr 28: Vintage Seahawk Mascot Head Stolen from UNC Wilmington's Randall Library
- Apr 29: UNC Wilmington Pre-Dental Students Assist with Free Dental Clinic May 1 and 2
- Apr 29: Housing Authority and UNC Wilmington Open Community Educational Garden May 2
- Apr 29: MEDIA ADVISORY: UNC Wilmington Education Students Host Dance on Campus for Public School Students with Disabilities
- Apr 30: Media Advisory: Wilmington Artist Dumay Gorham Putting Final Touches on Seahawk Sculpture with 18-Foot Wingspan
- Apr 30: AT&T Supports Scholarships & Prestigious Awards Program at UNC Wilmington
- Apr 30: UNCW Continuing to Monitor H1N1 Flu (Swine Flu) Situation
- Mar 5: UNC Wilmington First College in State to Receive Rare FEMA, NWS Honors
- Mar 5: Education Job Fair Still a Go at UNC Wilmington March 9
- Mar 9: Teens Teach Teens from Seven N.C. Counties about Health at UNC Wilmington March 13
- Mar 9: Author Shirley James Hanshaw to Speak about "The Evolving Role of America's First Ladies" March 17 at UNC Wilmington
- Mar 11: Novelist Zelda Lockhart to read at UNC Wilmington March 25
- Mar 11: Teens from Six Counties Triage Disaster Drill Injuries at UNC Wilmington March 14
- Mar 12: UNC Wilmington Department of Music Hosts 27th Annual Guest Artist Jazz Festival March 26-28
- Mar 12: 700 N.C. Middle and High School Students to Compete in Science Olympiad at UNC Wilmington March 14
- Mar 12: Recession Examined by Former Federal Reserve Official at UNC Wilmington March 18, Expert Available
- Mar 16: Special Called Meeting of UNCW Board of Trustees Executive Committee, 1:30 p.m., Wednesday, March 18, Alderman Hall 110
- Mar 16: UNC Wilmington Faculty to Study Effects of Educational Video Games on Student Mathematical Achievement
- Mar 16: Award-winning Native American Screenwriter and Author to Lecture Mar. 23
- Mar 17: UNC Wilmington Hosts Multidisciplinary Student Conference on Darwin's Legacy March 20-21
- Mar 20: Award-winning Science Journalist David Quammen to Speak on Darwin's Life and Research at UNC Wilmington March 30
- Mar 23: Citizen Cope, Vanessa Carlton and the Annuals Headline UNC Wilmington Spring Show April 25
- Mar 24: Spirit Rock Unveiling Celebrates Teal as UNC Wilmington Official Color March 26
- Mar 24: UNC WIlmington Presents Business Week 2009
- Mar 25: Media Advisory: UNC Wilmington’s Cameron School of Business Sponsors Technology Exchange and Fair March 26
- Mar 25: National Passport Day at UNC Wilmington Invites Public to Plan for New Travel Legislation
- Mar 27: Sports for Soldiers at UNC Wilmington to Raise Funds for Injured Veterans April 4
- Mar 27: Recently Published Creative Writing Students to Read at UNC Wilmington April 17
- Mar 30: Final Arts in Action Performance Features Alison Brown Quartet
- Mar 30: You Matter, I Matter, We Matter UNC Wilmington Series for Social Justice March 30 - April 3
- Mar 31: Global Crossroads: A Night of Music, Art and Reflection at UNC Wilmington
- Mar 4: Media Advisory: Media Tour of UNC Wilmington Renovated University Union and Burney Center Facilities Thursday, March 6
- Mar 5: Seahawks Receive $1 Million Gift to Fund Academic Center
- Mar 6: Youth Teach Life-Changing Health Lessons to 250 Peers during University of North Carolina Wilmington Summit
- Mar 10: Scientific Exploration for Children Available Year-Round with New UNC Wilmington MarineQuest Programs
- Mar 13: UNCW Phase III Housing Project and Parking Deck Receives Go-Ahead from State
- Mar 13: UNC Wilmington Presents "Days of Remembrance" Events to Reflect on the Holocaust, April 28-May 3
- Mar 14: Special Called Meeting of UNCW Board of Trustees Executive Committee, 9:30 a.m., Tuesday, March 18, Alderman Hall 110
- Mar 17: Cancelled - Former United Nations Special Envoy on HIV/AIDS in Africa Stephen Lewis to Speak at UNC Wilmington
- Mar 20: Local Obesity Prevention Initiative at UNCW Offers Free Weight Loss Program to Women
- Mar 24: Writer Elizabeth Kostova to Read at the University of North Carolina Wilmington
- Mar 25: UNC Wilmington Biologist in Science Magazine: Fish "Eavesdropping" for Food Odors Connected to Global Climate Regulation
- Mar 26: Ceremony and Major Announcement to Celebrate Re-Opening of University Union at UNCW
- Mar 26: Darfur Refugees to Speak at UNC Wilmington April 10
- Mar 27: Fisher Family Creates Additional $1 Million Endowment at UNCW to Support University Union
- Mar 27: UNC Wilmington to Co-Host Workshop on the Holocaust April 2 for Region's Middle and High School Teachers
- Mar 28: Special Called Meeting of UNCW Board of Trustees Executive Committee, 3 p.m., Monday, March 31, Alderman Hall 110
- Sep 1: Writer, Critic Stanley Crouch to Speak
- Sep 2: UNCW Invites Minority Contractors to New HUB Contractors Business Academy
- Sep 2: UNCW Nursing Alumna Becomes Faculty
- Sep 2: Chancellor's Statement on Hurricane Katrina and the Impact on UNCW
- Sep 4: Area Libraries to Offer Films and Discussions that Explore the Impact of 9/11
- Sep 7: Film by UNCW Professor Monahan to be Featured on UNC-TV
- Sep 7: Academy for Strategic Management Fall 2005 Offerings
- Sep 7: Wilmington Symphony Orchestra with The Atlantean Trio, featuring UNCW faculty to Perform
- Sep 9: Cameron School of Business Hosts Annual Economic Outlook Conference Oct. 6
- Sep 9: UNCW Presents Launches Performing Arts Season With Country Rocker Tift Merritt
- Sep 12: Hurricane Ophelia Update - 6 p.m. Monday, Sept. 12, 2005
- Sep 13: Hurricane Ophelia Update 6:30 a.m., Sept. 13, 2005
- Sep 13: New Hanover County Emergency Management Briefing Notes
- Sep 14: UNC Wilmington Hurricane Ophelia Update - 6:30p.m. Sept. 14 Advisory
- Sep 15: Assessing Damage - Sept. 15 Advisory
- Sep 15: Cancellation/Postponement of UNCW Events
- Sep 16: Mayoral, Council Candidates Forum Scheduled for Sept. 26 at UNC Wilmington
- Sep 16: Messina Concert Part of UNCW Family Weekend
- Sep 19: UNCW Swings With Big Band Sounds
- Sep 19: Sutton Heads UNCW's HUB
- Sep 20: UNCW’s Cape Fear Alumni Chapter Sponsors Golf Tourney
- Sep 21: UNCW Wind Symphony to Perform
- Sep 22: UNCW's Gamble to Receive the NCGE's Annual Distinguished Teaching Achievement Award
- Sep 23: Students Step Out of Classroom, Into Careers: Project Protégé Kicks Off Fourth Year
- Sep 24: Germano to Give Lecture at UNCW
- Sep 26: Conference Call Meeting of the UNCW Executive Committee - 11:30 a.m., Tuesday, Sept. 27
- Sep 26: Best-selling Author Delivers the “Skinny” on the Fast Food Industry for UNCW Presents Leadership Lecture Series
- Sep 26: UNCW Participates in Get Carded Day 2005 - Distributes Sexual Assault Information to Students
- Sep 26: Bowen Named UNCW Registrar
- Sep 27: Three UNCW Students Awarded AWNY Scholarships
- Sep 27: UNCW’s Edgerton Flying High with New Book, Upcoming Film and Musical Production
- Sep 28: UNCW Faculty and Students to Participate in Estuarine Research Federation Conference
- Sep 29: Wilmington Native Caws to Give Lecture at UNCW
- Sep 29: Seahawks Announce Athletic Promotions
- Sep 29: UNCW’s Shepard Leads Expedition to Help Protect Florida's Unique Oculina Deepwater Reefs
- Sep 29: Awards Recognize Minority Students’ Achievements
- Jan 3: Documentary filmmaker lectures at UNC Wilmington Moviemakers Series Jan. 7
- Jan 3: Leadership Lecture series presents Jonah Goldberg and Peter Beinart
- Jan 3: Marcus Roberts Trio honors North Carolina greats John Coltrane and Thelonious Monk at UNCW
- Jan 5: Environmental justice activist and scholar is the commemorative speaker for UNCW Martin Luther King Jr. event
- Jan 5: Poet Kim Addonizio to present AWP reading at UNCW
- Jan 7: UNCW Offers Tutoring Services
- Jan 10: McNab steps down as leader of UNCW’s international programs
- Jan 10: Hekmat Karzai of Afghanistan Embassy Launches 2005 Great Decisions Foreign Policy Lecture Series
- Jan 11: UNCW Names Director of Alumni Relations
- Jan 11: UNCW Annual Writers Week Feb. 7-11
- Jan 11: UNCW Step Show One Highlight of UNCW Homecoming 2005
- Jan 11: UNCW Presents U.S. Intelligence Reform Overview with Timothy Davis
- Jan 14: Take in Love Letters for Valentine’s Day
- Jan 14: Tour Historic Kenan House, UNCW Chancellor’s Residence, Feb. 18-20
- Jan 14: UNCW and CFCC faculty in joint musical performance
- Jan 14: UNCW Invites Alumni to Homecoming 2005 Festivities Feb. 4-5
- Jan 14: News Opportunity with Hekmat Karzai 10 a.m., Wednesday, Jan. 19, Leutze Hall, Room 255
- Jan 14: Conference Call Meeting of UNCW Board of Trustees Executive Committee 10 a.m., Wednesday, Jan. 19
- Jan 14: Statement from Chief Donaldson regarding sex offense allegation
- Jan 19: YWCA starts CEU Musical Magic workshop
- Jan 19: Andrew Lund to Speak at UNCW’s Moviemaker and Film Series
- Jan 19: UNCW's Great Decisions Discussion Program Presents Lecture on Putin and Russian Reform with Jonathan Weiler
- Jan 19: UNCW Faculty Chamber Music Recital
- Jan 19: UNCW’s Salwen Conducts Piano Master Class
- Jan 20: UNCW Emergency Hotline Update at 4:15 p.m., Thursday, Jan. 20
- Jan 25: UNCW celebrates many cultures during Intercultural Week
- Jan 25: Richard Leder to Speak at MovieMakers and Film Studies Lecture Series
- Jan 25: Godfather of multiculturalism coming to UNCW
- Jan 25: Author Paul Loeb scheduled as Honors Scholars Spring Speaker
- Jan 25: USC Professor John Addison discusses outsourcing jobs at UNCW Great Decisions Discussion Program
- Jan 28: Prentice Hall Publishing Releases New Terrorism Book by North Carolina Author
- Jan 28: UNCW Young-at-Heart Social
- Jan 28: UNCW MPA program hosts open house
- Jan 28: Lectures planned for homecoming weekend
- Jan 28: Forum explores varying effects of tsunami
- Jan 31: Grand Opening of Education Building and Teachers Legacy Hall
- Jan 31: UNCW Annual Writers' Week Feb. 7 - 11
- Jan 31: Virginia professor discusses a changing China at UNCW
- Jan 31: Wilmington Film Commissioner to Speak at UNCW
- Jan 31: Stephanie Frease of the Coalition of International Justice to speak at UNCW
- Jan 31: Students and Faculty Step Out of the Classroom and Onto the Runway
- Sep 1: Conference Call Meeting of UNCW Board of Trustees TODAY 2 p.m.;News Conference at 3 p.m., Alderman Hall, Room 215
- Sep 1: Statement From A. P. Carlton, chairman, UNCW Board of Trustees, Regarding UNCW Women's Swim Team Sanctions
- Sep 2: Hurricane Frances Advisory, 12:45 p.m., Thursday, Sept. 2, 2004
- Sep 3: Adverse Weather Advisory to UNCW Faculty and Staff
- Sep 8: Leadership North Carolina Announces Twelfth Class
- Sep 8: UNCW Fall Pathways Catalog Coming Sept. 9
- Sep 8: UNCW announces September date for public sale of surplus items
- Sep 8: North Carolina Film Industry Town Hall Meeting
- Sep 8: UNCW Office of Campus Diversity hosting variety of speakers
- Sep 9: UNCW Arts in Action Performance Series opens its seventh season with Shakespeare’s Twelfth Night
- Sep 9: Cameron School of Business hosts first annual UNCW Economic Outlook Conference Oct. 7
- Sep 9: UNCW’s Cameron School of Business Offers “Growing Your Business Boot Camp”
- Sep 9: UNCW student contestant for Miss North Carolina Teen Pageant
- Sep 9: Heritage School 2004
- Sep 9: UNCW Film Studies Department presents Brad Karl
- Sep 9: UNCW sponsors panel focusing on issues in African American communities
- Sep 14: Hosier accepts the position of UNCW provost
- Sep 14: UNCW honored nationally for alcohol abuse prevention on campus
- Sep 14: Author Bob Reiss to read at UNCW
- Sep 14: Michael Frierson to speak at UNCW
- Sep 16: Tropical Storm Jeanne Update 5:20 p.m. Thursday, Sept. 16
- Sep 17: Memoirist Santiago helps UNCW celebrate Hispanic Heritage with flair
- Sep 20: UNCW Documentary Examines Experiences of First African-American Marines
- Sep 21: Leadership Lecture series presents Karen Armstrong
- Sep 21: The “Greta Garbo of folk music” comes to UNCW
- Sep 21: Project Protégé Kicks Off 3rd Year with Luncheon
- Sep 21: UNCW Arts in Action celebrates the soulful and inspirational music of Latin American women
- Sep 22: December Graduates: Receive Graduation Necessities at the UNCW Bookstore Oct. 13-14
- Sep 22: Manufacturer’s Defect Results in Additional Construction at UNCW’s Westside Hall
- Sep 23: UNCW Invites Area Businesses to Breakfast and Workshop to Learn How to Do Business with UNCW and Other Local Agencies
- Sep 23: Media Briefing Regarding Update and Major Funding for Coastal Ocean Research and Monitoring Program at UNCW
- Sep 24: Hurrican Jeanne Update 2 p.m. Friday, Sept. 24, 2004
- Sep 24: Venue Change: Celebration of Life Service for Jessica Faulkner and Christen Naujoks
- Sep 27: Public Invited to Attend Meeting to Comment on Vehicle Beach Access at Fort Fisher State Recreation Area
- Sep 27: UNCW collaborates on job loss and recovery in rural America conference
- Sep 27: Violence Prevention Educator Jackson Katz to address UNCW and community
- Sep 28: UNCW Hosts Author Leif Mitchell Oct. 11
- Sep 29: RAD Course for Female Media
- Sep 30: UNCW presents expert on doublespeak
- Sep 30: Awards recognize minority students’ achievements
- Aug 1: Tropical Storm Alex, 5 p.m. Sunday Aug. 1
- Aug 2: Tropical Storm Alex, 8 a.m. Monday, Aug. 2
- Aug 2: UNCW Releases Preliminary Report of Task Force on Education and Training Initiatives for Campus Violence Prevention
- Aug 2: Tropical Storm Alex, 4 p.m. Aug. 2
- Aug 3: UNCW Chancellor Emeritus Leutze to Write Metro Column
- Aug 3: UNCW Foundation Board Elects New Members
- Aug 3: UNCW announces August public sale of surplus items
- Aug 3: Hurricane Alex, 4 p.m. Tuesday, Aug. 3
- Aug 5: UNCW School of Nursing students receive fellowships
- Aug 5: UNCW Alumnus Holds First Solo Exhibit at Kenan Hall
- Aug 10: UNCW opens doors to largest student body in 57-year history; Welcome Week Starts Aug. 14
- Aug 11: UNCW Partners with Derick G.S. Davis Center for “School Away from School: Learning Life’s Lessons”
- Aug 11: Warren honored with UNCW’s Staff Award of Excellence
- Aug 12: Tropical Storm Bonnie and Hurricane Charley, 11 a.m. Aug. 12
- Aug 12: Tropical Storm Bonnie and Hurricane Charley, 3 p.m. Aug. 12
- Aug 13: Hurricane Charley, 8:30 a.m. Aug. 13
- Aug 13: Hurricane Charley Advisory, 4 p.m. Friday, Aug. 13
- Aug 14: Hurricane Charley Advisory, 7 a.m. Saturday, Aug. 14
- Aug 14: 4:45 Aug. 14 Statement from UNCW; Information for Move-IN Volunteers
- Aug 17: UNCW faculty recognized for teaching excellence
- Aug 18: UNCW and Walls Gallery sponsoring lecture by painter Charles Movalli
- Aug 18: Campus construction continues with University Union groundbreaking
- Aug 18: University Union: Renovation and Expansion Fact Sheet
- Aug 19: Watson School of Education's Ed Lab Hours for Fall Semester
- Aug 20: UNC Wilmington maintains top 10 ranking
- Aug 20: Chapa Crowe joins UNCW to expand Service Leadership role
- Aug 20: Leadership Lecture series kicks off with Andrew Sullivan
- Aug 20: University/Community Relations Task Force Meets Wednesday, Aug. 25
- Aug 23: UNCW receives “Best in the Southeast” designation
- Aug 23: Indigo Girls concert highlights UNCW Family Weekend in September
- Aug 24: Conference Call Meeting of UNCW Board of Trustees Executive Committee
- Aug 25: UNCW welcomes faculty researchers to the Million Dollar Club
- Aug 31: Author Rick Bass Reading at UNCW
- Aug 31: Barbara Brannon Joins Department of Creative Writing at UNCW
- Aug 31: Cameron School of Business announces new department chairs
- Aug 31: UNCW lecturer’s latest book helps people through grief
- Aug 31: UNCW Community Programs Promote Learning
- May 3: UNCW Hosts Ninth Nurses’ Day Celebration for Region
- May 3: Memo to Media: Commencement Reminder, Saturday, May 8, 2004
- May 5: UNCW Studio 125 Student Music Television Show Debuts May 6
- May 5: Eighth Annual Business Awards Gala Scheduled for Thursday, May 20
- May 5: UNCW Creative Writing Department Announces Third Annual Young Writers Workshop
- May 5: Memo to Media: Press Briefing
- May 5: Statement on investigation into student death
- May 5: An Updated Statement on the Investigation into Student Death
- May 6: Memo to Media: Press Briefing 4:30 p.m., TODAY, May 6 Friday Annex, Outside University Relations Office
- May 6: Statement from Police Chief Donaldson
- May 7: Memo to Media: REMINDER—UNCW Commencement 9:30 a.m. and 1:30 p.m. Saturday, May 8, 2004
- May 7: UNCW School of Nursing Awards Faculty of the Year and Outstanding Alumni
- May 8: UNCW Presents Honorary Degree to U.S. Rep. Mike McIntyre along with Over 1,500 Degrees and Academic Awards
- May 11: Speaker Richard Morgan, Rep. Danny McComas Touring UNCW THIS AFTERNOON
- May 12: UNCW Announces Public Sale of Surplus Items
- May 13: Two UNCW Divisions Undergoing Reorganization
- May 13: UNCW MBA Students and Small Businesses to Benefit from Organizational Shift
- May 13: UNCW’s Department of Creative Writing and Cape Fear Jazz Appreciation Society Host Musical Tribute to Gershwin Brothers
- May 17: Memo to Media: UNC Office of the President Awards UNCW
- May 19: UNCW Offers Master of Social Work in 2004-05
- May 20: Memo to Media: Public Service Announcement for UNCW Ed Lab Tutoring
- May 24: UNCW’s Seahawk Perch Announces New Format for Off-campus Housing Ad System
- Feb 1: Coffey Joins UNCW Board of Trustees
- Feb 2: UNCW Panel Discussion on Brown v. Board of Education
- Feb 2: Poet Nikki Giovanni Comes to UNCW in Honor of Women’s History Month
- Feb 2: Memo to Media: DePaolo and McIntyre Cut Ribbon – Grand Opening and Ribbon Cutting Ceremony
- Feb 3: “Before Brown, There Was Plessy” with Keith Weldon Medley
- Feb 3: UNCW Student Government Sponsors “Points Around the Globe Poetry Night” for Intercultural Week
- Feb 3: UNC Wilmington Features Variety of Performers for Intercultural Week
- Feb 5: UNCW’s Intercultural Week Celebrates Many Cultures
- Feb 5: UNCW Divers Find Lion Fish
- Feb 6: Invitation to Reception and Premier of The Caregiver’s Journey, 7 p.m., Monday, Feb. 16, Warwick Cent
- Feb 6: UNCW-TV Presents The Caregiver’s Journey, Part 1
- Feb 6: University/Community Relations Task Force Meets Feb. 12
- Feb 7: DePaolo and McIntyre Cut Ribbon to Open the Bolton Health and Wellness Center
- Feb 9: Tom Priestley Jr. Speaks at UNCW Film Studies Lecture
- Feb 9: Candidates Needed for 2004 UNCW Student Government Elections
- Feb 9: Screen and Stage Veteran Pat Hingle performs in UNCW’s production of Our Town
- Feb 9: Trio Performs at UNCW’s Kenan Auditorium
- Feb 10: UNCW Graduate School Submits a Record Number of Proposals for the Funding of New Graduate Programs
- Feb 10: Memo to Media: Tuition Increases and the Board of Governors
- Feb 10: Memo to Media: Statewide College Access Conference
- Feb 10: UNCW Presents the Great Decisions Discussion Program
- Feb 11: Aquarius Launches Contest For Student To Win Visit To Key Largo And America’s Inner Space Station
- Feb 13: UNCW Seeks Artists for Its 2004-05 University Union Exhibit Series
- Feb 16: UNCW MFA Alumnus Brad Land to Read from his Memoir, Goat
- Feb 16: University/Community Relations Task Force Open Meeting Tuesday, Feb. 24
- Feb 16: Alonzo Wilson Speaks at UNCW Film Studies Lecture
- Feb 16: Story by UNCW Alumna and Staff Member Appears in Journalist Collection
- Feb 16: UNCW Community Link Features Discussion of “Neighborhood Schools” and Internship Opportunities for Students
- Feb 16: UNCW Presents Latin American Overview with Carol Wise
- Feb 17: UNCW Hosts the 2004 North Carolina Ocean Sciences Bowl
- Feb 18: Chairman Brad Wilson Comments to the UNC Board of Governors February 13, 2004
- Feb 19: UNCW Presents Bancroft Prize-Winning Historian and Author James T. Patterson
- Feb 23: Native American Student Organization Holds Third Annual Powwow
- Feb 23: UNCW Wind Symphony and UNCW Chamber Winds Perform Grainger's Lincolnshire Posy
- Feb 24: Steroids in Sports? UNCW Professor Invited To National Forum To Discuss Issues Surrounding Sports Supplements
- Feb 26: UNCW Writers Week 2004: Biographies of Visiting Writers
- Feb 26: UNCW Creative Writing Department Announces 2004 Writers’ Week
- Feb 26: UNCW Panel Discusses “Women in Underrepresented Fields”
- Feb 26: Tonight’s Patterson lecture cancelled due to his being stuck in Charlotte airport. Please announce to the public.
- Feb 27: University/Community Relations Task Force Open Meeting Thursday, March 4
- Jan 5: Juan Williams to Speak at Martin Luther King Jr. Commemoration
- Jan 5: Comedic Umbilical Brothers Perform at UNCW
- Jan 5: Orange Alert Affects Trask Coliseum Parking
- Jan 6: UNCW University Union Exhibit Series Presents Coastal Inspired Paintings by Artists Susan Dade and Priscilla Whitlock
- Jan 6: UNCW Sponsors Performance of The Vagina Monologues
- Jan 7: Memo to Media: Public Service Announcement for UNCW Ed Lab Tutoring
- Jan 9: Winter Weather and Cancellation Information
- Jan 9: Dr. Ron Core Named UNCW Vice Chancellor for Business Affairs
- Jan 12: UNCW Professor Recipient of Honor Award
- Jan 12: UNCW Hosts Introductory Small Business Workshop
- Jan 12: Memo to Media: Kickoff Reception for Brown v. Board of Education Events 7 p.m., Thursday, Jan. 15, Randall Library
- Jan 12: “What is it Like to be a Robot?” Comes to the UNCW Campus
- Jan 13: UNCW Community Link Features Chocolate Fantasy Adventure; Working Films
- Jan 13: Brown v. Board of Education Learning Community Events
- Jan 13: Twenty-fourth Annual North Carolina Jazz Festival to Preview at UNCW
- Jan 13: Human Genome Expert Gregory Stock to Speak at UNCW February 2
- Jan 13: Facts at Your Fingertips: UNCW Library to Participate in Statewide Virtual Reference Initiative
- Jan 14: Department of Music Spring 2004 Concert Calendar
- Jan 15: UNCW Alumni Return For Homecoming 2004
- Jan 15: UNCW Alumni to be Honored at Banquet
- Jan 16: David Monahan Speaks at UNCW Film Studies Lecture
- Jan 16: Memo to Media: UNCW Press Opportunity – 2004 North Carolina Living Treasure Award Presentation
- Jan 20: UNCW Community Link Features UNCW Student Body President; Front Street at 3
- Jan 21: Randall Library Featuring Art by UNCW Alumna Gayle Tustin
- Jan 21: French String Octet, Les Yeux Noirs, Appears At UNCW
- Jan 21: Memo to Media: Press Conference, 10 a.m., Monday, Jan. 26, Madeline Suite
- Jan 22: Memo to Media: Committee Meetings of the UNCW Board of Trustees and Full Board Meeting
- Jan 22: Wilmington’s New French Film Festival www.uncw.edu/filmstudies/cinemanouveau
- Jan 23: UNCW English Department Presents Spring Film Series
- Jan 23: UNCW University Union Exhibit Features Larry Pritchard’s Mapping And Travel Inspired Paintings
- Jan 26: UNCW and the City of Wilmington Announce University/Community Task Force
- Jan 26: UNCW Community Link Features Relay for Life and Partners for Economic Inclusion
- Jan 26: Adverse Weather Update and Reported Cancellations, 3 p.m. Monday, Jan. 26
- Jan 26: UNCW Student Receives Prestigious Internship with the National Geographic Society
- Jan 27: Visiting Poet Mark Doty to Read at UNCW
- Jan 27: UNCW Partnering with Tucker Creek Middle School on Environmental Project
- Jan 28: Fashion Show Kicks Off Weeklong Career Services Events
- Jan 28: UNCW Graduate Student Wins First Place at the American Fisheries Society’s Annual Meeting
- Jan 28: Wheeler Honored with UNCW Young Alumnus Award
- Jan 30: UNCW Faculty Trio Recital
- Jan 30: UNCW Visiting Writer Dinty Moore to Give Reading
- Jan 30: UNCW Community Link Features Brown vs. Board of Education Commemoration; Alternative Means for Learning Disabilities
- Jan 30: UNCW Chancellor Joins Board of Directors of Association
- Jan 30: Rare Dense Beaked Whale Under Study at UNC Wilmington
- Jan 30: UNCW Launches Personalized Seahawk Gear Web Site