Applications for admission may be made at any time. Applicants are required to submit, normally by April 15 but no later than June 15 for fall or summer admission (by April 1 for full consideration if you are applying for a Teaching Assistantship) and by November 30 for spring admission, the following to the Graduate School:
- An application for graduate admission.
- Official transcripts of all college work (undergraduate and graduate).
- Official scores on the Graduate Record Examination (GRE) aptitude test. It is not necessary for applicants to take the advanced test in mathematics. However, they are encouraged to do so. Scores more than five years old will not be accepted.
- Three recommendations from individuals in professionally relevant fields.
Note that applications are acted upon as soon as they are complete.
Each applicant also must:
- Have a strong overall academic record and have passed, with a "B" or better average, the following undergraduate mathematics courses: an introductory calculus sequence including multivariate calculus, a course in linear algebra, and at least 15 additional semester hours of mathematics or statistics courses beyond the level of calculus.
Individuals who fall below the established criterion in one of the areas may be considered for provisional admission.