Cancellation Policy | PDF
Payment Plan | PDF
MarineQuest is pleased to announce that we will continue to use Aquatic Safaris & Diver’s Emporium for all dive training, instruction and travel.
The MarineQuest staff is more than happy to pick-up and drop-off students at
Wilmington International Airport at no cost. An airline request form is required
(see above link for more details).
• Linens are provided - DO NOT bring sheets, pillows, and blankets.
• Laundry facilities are available at no cost - bring detergent
• No electronic equipment (other than cell phones) is allowed.
• You will receive a Welcome Packet with detailed information on what to bring after registering.
Sea LAB: Boys Only Ages 12-14
Leadership Academy for Boys
Must have completed 6th grade and turn 12 by June 1st
The ocean is the largest unexplored place on Earth—less than 5% of it has been explored. The next generation of explorers and researchers will find great opportunities for discovery, innovation, and investigation. You can begin your journey to become one of these explorers with Sea LAB. Review the achievements of early explorers and learn how they changed the way we explore the marine environment. Investigate the fields of marine technology and engineering during a research cruise. Study morphological adaptations of the marine specimens you collect. Use technology to visualize the ocean floor and analyze the water column. Learn the importance of ocean monitoring by deploying a small working buoy to collect data. From SCUBA to AUVs, ocean exploration has challenged men for decades. You can meet this challenge by spending a day with Discover Scuba Diving (no prior experience necessary) and learning how to handle an ROV. Who knows, you might become the next Jacques Cousteau?
Field excursions include:
- Ocean research cruise with an emphasis on marine technology; coastal habitat exploration by kayak; field trips to the beach, marsh, dive pool session, Center for Marine Science, and other marine facilities.
- Get real hands-on experience with some of the latest research tools such as GPS hand-held units, Vernier probeware and data collectors. Participate in a research cruise while learning how to map the ocean floor and analyze side scan sonar data. Work in teams to build your own energy machine. Learn about buoy designs from coastal ocean professionals. Try out diving by participating in a Discover SCUBA diving course. Develop skills and confidence in leadership roles. Meet, interact with, and learn from inspirational UNCW research scientists and professional divers. Complete a meaningful service learning project.
Program Dates and Tuition
Day of Week:
|Sunday - Friday|
|Friday pick-up/final presentation at 12:30 p.m.|
Staff / Student Ratio:
|Summer 2017 Dates:||
You must register by 5:00 p.m. the Wednesday before your program is to begin.
To complete the teacher recommendation, please have your teacher click here (link coming Fall 2016) to submit their recommendation.
Please Note: A completed application does not register you for your program. All applications will first be reviewed by the MarineQuest Staff and upon acceptance, you will receive an e-mail explaining the next step in the registration process.
Still have questions? Check out our FAQ page.
• Note that prices, content, dates, and times are subject to change without notice.
• Questions? Call 910.962.2640 or send an e-mail to email@example.com.
• Website and program content © UNCW MarineQuest