What to Bring / Wear | PDF
Confirmation Packet | PDF
Cancellation Policy -please review cancellation
Year Round Schools Intersession Camp: Ages 7-10
Must have completed 1st grade and turn 7 by April 1st
Looking for a fun and exciting way for your child to spend their time during the year-round schools spring intersession break? Why not let them spend the week with our MarineQuest staff at the UNCW Center for Marine Science? Our quality programming is fun and academically enriching, giving participants an opportunity to apply what they've learned in school in authentic, meaningful situations. Activities include laboratory experiments, field trips, games, movies, marine stewardship, and more. Each day will have a special theme and feature a different level of the ocean. From the skies above to the depths of the bottomless blue there is so much to explore, will a week be enough time?!
Field excursions include:
- Going to the beach, marsh, nature park, bird sanctuary, rocky outcrop, beach woodlands, fouling community, NC underwater archeology museum, Center for Marine Science, and NC Aquarium
- Each day explore a different level of the ocean. Whether it is at, above, or below the ocean's surface it is all thrilling to discover. Learn how the different layers of the ocean and coastal environment come together; explore coastal habitats; conduct hands-on science experiments; go seining and dip netting; use binoculars; map marsh plants and mollusks, and so much more!
Program Dates and Tuition
Dates/Day of Week:
|Monday - Friday; April 1 - 5, 2013 Almost Full!|
|8 a.m. - 3:45 p.m.|
|Location:||UNCW Center for Marine Science|
|Discounts:||None for this program|
• Note that prices, content, dates, and times are subject to change without notice.
• Questions? Call 910.962.2640 or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Website and program content © UNCW MarineQuest