MarineQuest Main Line
Cancellation Policy | PDF
Sea Safari: Ages 6-7
Must have completed kindergarten and turn 6 by June 1st
Send your young adventurers on an exciting Sea Safari where they will discover the "big game" of our local marine environment. They’ll hunt for wild animals that survive in our coastal habitats and find out how environmental issues are impacting them - all while learning about the field of vertebrate zoology. At week's end they'll document their safari observations in a photojournal presentation. Don't forget your passport!
Field excursions include:
- Going to the beach, marsh, fouling station, Center for Marine Science and NC Aquarium.
- Learn how to read a map and compass, how to track and identify animals including whales and dolphins; go birding at the marsh; go seining, dip netting and fishing; simple dissections; hands-on science experiments; enjoy a boat float through the marsh
Program Dates and Tuition
Day of Week:
|Monday - Friday|
8 a.m. - 11:45 a.m.
Pick up on Friday is at 11:30 a.m.
Staff / Child Ratio:
UNCW Campus - drop off Isaac Bear parking lot
|Summer 2015 Dates:||
Session 1: June 22 - 26 Registration Closed
You must register by 5:00pm the Tuesday before your program is to begin.
Still have questions? Check out our FAQ page.
• Note that prices, content, dates, and times are subject to change without
• Questions? Call 910.962.2640 or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Website and program content © UNCW MarineQuest