Sea Safari: Ages 6-7
Must have completed kindergarten and turn 6 by June 1st
Send your young adventurers on an exciting Sea Safari where they will discover the "big game" of our local marine environment. They’ll hunt for wild animals that survive in our coastal habitats and find out how environmental issues are impacting them - all while learning about the field of vertebrate zoology. Learn how to use tools of observation including binoculars and underwater viewers. At week's end campers will document their safari observations in a photo journal presentation. Don't forget your passport!
Field excursions include:
- Going to the beach, marsh, fouling station, Center for Marine Science and NC Aquarium.
- Learn how to track and identify animals including whales and dolphins; go birding at the marsh; go seining, dip netting and fishing; simulated dissections; hands-on science experiments; enjoy a boat float through the marsh
Program Dates and Tuition
Day of Week:
|Monday - Friday|
8:00 a.m. - 11:45 a.m.
Friday pick-up/final presentation at 11:30 a.m.
Staff / Student Ratio:
UNCW Campus - drop off at Isaac Bear Early College
|Summer 2017 Dates:||
Session 1: June 12-16
Session 2: June 26-30
Sesson 3: July 24-28
You must register by 5:00 p.m. the Wednesday before your program is to begin.
Still have questions? Check out our FAQ page.
• Note that prices, content, dates, and times are subject to change without notice.
• Questions? Call 910.962.2640 or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Website and program content © UNCW MarineQuest