By Phone: 910/962.3195
What to Bring/Wear | PDF
Cancellation Policy | PDF
Sea SI: Ages 9-10*
Must have completed 3rd* grade and turn 9 by June 1st
"Extra, extra read all about it: Fish found floating face down! Turtles turn up traumatized by trash! Dolphins discovered with damaged derma." Sea SI investigators will need all of their forensics skills to solve these headline grabbing crimes against marine organisms. Detectives will have to secure the crime scenes, collect evidence, interview witnesses, and identify suspects before they can close these case files.
Field excursions include:
- Going to the beach, marsh, fouling station, coquina outcrop, Center for Marine Science, NC Aquarium, Sea Turtle hospital and more.
- Learn how to document a crime scene; dissect simulated sea turtle stomachs, analyze water samples; study dolphin fin identification techniques, cast mud prints; enjoy shallow water snorkeling; introduction to kayaking; learn how to use compound microscopes to detect harmful algal blooms; go fishing; discover biomechanics; write your own environmental protection laws.
Program Dates and Tuition
Day of Week:
|Monday - Friday|
|8 a.m. - 3:45 p.m. Friday pick-up at 12:00 p.m.|
Staff / Child Ratio:
|Location:||UNCW Campus - drop off at Isaac Bear parking lot|
|Summer 2013 Dates:||
Session 1: June 24 - 28 Session 2: July 8 - 12 Session 3: July 22 - 26
|Tuition:||TBA by November 2013|
*Sea SI Session 4 is open to students ages 8-10 who have completed 2nd grade and turn age 8 by June 1st.
Tuition payment plan information will be made available when registration opens.
Still have questions? Check out our FAQ page.
• Note that prices, content, dates, and times are subject to change without
• Questions? Call 910.962.2640 or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Website and program content © UNCW MarineQuest