By Phone: 910/962.3195
What to Bring/Wear | PDF
Cancellation Policy | PDF
Mermaids: Girls Only Ages 5-7
Must at least be enrolled in Kindergarten for fall and turn 5 by June 1st
Calling all bathing beauties! Trade-in your legs for a tail fin and join us for a week of girl power exploring coastal habitats, discovering plants and animals that live in them, and searching for any signs of mermaids. Learn all about the legend of the mermaid and the lore of the manatee.
Field excursions include:
- Going to the beach, marsh, fouling station, Center for Marine Science and NC Aquarium; featured marine organism is the manatee.
- Each day observe marine organisms up close and personal; learn how to identify dolphins and manatees; conduct hands-on science experiments comparing adaptations of land animals to marine; go seining and dip netting; hunt for mermaids' purses; build fairy-tale princess sand castles; enjoy story-time featuring Mermaid legends and lore; make arts & crafts - including a mermaid necklace.
Program Dates and Tuition
Day of Week:
|Monday - Friday|
|8 a.m. - 11:45 a.m. p/u on Friday is at 11:30 a.m.|
Staff / Child Ratio:
UNCW Campus - drop off Issac Bear parking lot
|Summer 2013 Dates:||
Session 1: June 17 - 21 FULL!
$140, before May 1
$155, after May 1
If you would like to pay in installments, please check out our Tuition Payment Schedule | PDF. Payment plan payments may be started online by paying deposit. Questions call 910.962.3195.
Still have questions? Check out our FAQ page.
• Note that prices, content, dates, and times are subject to change without
• Questions? Call 910.962.2640 or send an e-mail to email@example.com.
• Website and program content © UNCW MarineQuest