Cape Crusaders: Ages 9 -10
Must have completed 3rd grade and turn 9 by June 1st
Calling all Super Heroes! Our coastal marine habitats need your help. The Marsh Marauder is filling in our wetlands. The Beach Blaster is eroding our shoreline. And the Foul Fiend is polluting our waterways. What's a threatened or endangered species to do? Join the CEPA (Coastal Environmental Protection Agency) and learn how you can use your super powers to help defeat the Ten Most Wanted Villains of our marine environment.
Field excursions include:
- Going to the beach, marsh, fouling station, coquina outcrop, Center for Marine Science, NC Aquarium, Sea Turtle hospital and more.
- Learn how to engineer a dune and protect sea turtle nests; dissect simulated sea turtle stomachs; explore marsh mud; analyze water samples; learn about harmful algae; sort and identify marine debris; enjoy shallow water snorkeling; introduction to kayaking; go fishing; meet some real environmental crusaders and write your own protection laws.
Program Dates and Tuition
Day of Week:
|Monday - Friday|
8:00 a.m. - 3:45 p.m.
Friday pick-up/final presentation at 12:00 p.m.
Staff / Student Ratio:
|Location:||UNCW Campus - drop off at Isaac Bear Early College|
|Summer 2017 Dates:||
You must register by 5:00 p.m. the Wednesday before your program is to begin.
Still have questions? Check out our FAQ page.
• Note that prices, content, dates, and times are subject to change without notice.
• Questions? Call 910.962.2640 or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Website and program content © UNCW MarineQuest