By Phone: 910/962.3195
What to Bring/Wear | PDF
Cancellation Policy | PDF
Cape Crusaders: Ages 8-10
Must have completed 2nd grade and turn 8 by June 1st
Calling all Super Heroes! Our coastal marine habitats need your help. The Marsh Marauder is filling in our wetlands. The Beach Blaster is eroding our shoreline. And the Foul Fiend is polluting our waterways. What's a threatened or endangered species to do? Join the CEPA (Coastal Environmental Protection Agency) and learn how you can use your super powers to help defeat the Ten Most Wanted Villains of our marine environment.
Field excursions include:
- Going to the beach, marsh, fouling station, coquina outcrop, Center for Marine Science, NC Aquarium, Sea Turtle hospital and more.
- Learn how to engineer a dune and protect sea turtle nests; dissect simulated sea turtle stomachs; explore marsh mud; analyze water samples; learn about harmful algae; sort and identify marine debris; enjoy shallow water snorkeling; introduction to kayaking; go fishing; meet some real environmental crusaders and write your own protection laws.
Program Dates and Tuition
Day of Week:
|Monday - Friday|
|8 a.m. - 3:45 p.m. Friday pick-up at 12:00 p.m.|
Staff / Child Ratio:
|Location:||UNCW Campus - drop off at Isaac Bear parking lot|
|Summer 2013 Dates:||
Session 1: June 17 - 21
|Tuition:|| $280, before May 1
$305, after May 1
If you would like to pay in installments, please check out our Tuition Payment Schedule | PDF. Payment plan payments may be started online by paying deposit. Questions call 910.962.3195.
Still have questions? Check out our FAQ page.
• Note that prices, content, dates, and times are subject to change without
• Questions? Call 910.962.2640 or send an e-mail to email@example.com.
• Website and program content © UNCW MarineQuest