UNCW Center for Marine Science
5600 Marvin K. Moss Lane
Wilmington, North Carolina 28409
From Lab to Marketplace
MARBIONC scientists and research staff use an efficient, three-step process to guide a product from the marine environment to the marketplace.
- They identify niche markets to ensure products are developed to meet specific needs.
- They assemble teams from science, business and academia that match the needs of the product with the specific needs of their partners.
- They provide the infrastructure and support necessary to bring the new marine products to the marketplace.
Concept behind MARBIONC
The concept of MARBIONC at UNCW is to develop new marine-based products and technologies that lead to:
- New industries and companies via research and collaboration
- Augmentation of existing industries
- Increases in trained workforce via the educational programs offered at UNCW