Registering Your Gaming Console (and AV devices)
NOTE: You must plug into the wired Ethernet port for gaming and AV devices (do not use wireless).
Ethernet cables may be purchased at B1NAR1ES Technology Store.
Instructions for registering your Gaming Consoles and AV devices
(i.e., Blu-ray players, DVRs, etc.)
- NOTE: This registration is for wired devices only.
- Go to https://mydevices.uncw.edu (You must be on the UNCW campus network to register.)
- Enter your UNCW username and password to sign in to My Devices.
- Follow instructions to add your devices - See specifics for retrieving MAC address below.
- You may have 5 total devices registered on My Devices.
Retrieving MAC Address:
- Start Wii system without a disc
- From the home screen, select the Wii button in the lower left hand corner.
- Click on Wii Settings.
- On this screen, select the right arrow to advance to the second set of settings.
- Select the Internet option.
- Select the Console Information option.
- The MAC address will be listed under USB Ethernet Adapter MAC Address.
- Turn on your Xbox console with no game disc in the disc tray.
- From the Xbox Dashboard, choose Xbox Live.
These steps assume you cannot connect to Xbox Live until you finish configuring your Xbox console to use your PC's MAC address. Therefore, you should receive the following message: "Could not connect to Xbox Live. Do you want to troubleshoot your network connection?".
- From the Connect Status screen, select Settings.
- The 12-digit number at the bottom-right corner of the Network Settings screens is the MAC address of your Xbox console. Do not change your Xbox console MAC address (just write it down so that you can use it later).
Microsoft Xbox 360 - Old Dashboard
- Go to the System area of the Xbox Dashboard and select Network Settings.
- Select Edit Settings.
- Under Basic Settings, check to make sure the IP Settings is on Automatic.
- Now go to Additional Settings, select Advanced Settings.
- At the bottom of this screen you'll see a heading called Wired MAC Address.
Microsoft Xbox 360 - New Dashboard
- Select the My XBOX menu.
- Scroll to the end of the My XBOX menu and open the System Settings.
- Select Network Settings from the next menu.
- In the Network Settings menu, choose the option to Configure Network.
- In the next menu, scroll to the right to choose Additional Setting and then scroll down and press A to select Advanced Settings.
- Your Wired MAC Address will appear in the bottom left corner of the screen.
- Load the Start-up CD in your PS2.
- Make sure you have the network cable disconnected.
- Walk through the Start-Up CD until it starts testing your connection. Since we disconnected the network cable the test will fail.
- You can now press the select button which will display the MAC.
- The 12-digit number is the MAC address of your PS2. Write it down so that you can use it later.
Sony PS 3
- Power up the PlayStation 3 without any disc in the drive.
- Once the PlayStation 3 operating system has loaded, select Settings.
- Once you are in Settings select Network Settings.
- When the Network Settings list appears, select the first option which is titled Settings and Connection Status List.
- The physical address will be listed under MAC Address.
Need Help? Please contact the Technology Assistance Center (TAC).