Connect to your Work Computer via Remote Desktop
With Remote Desktop, you can connect to your work computer from home and access all of your programs, files and network resources as though you were actually sitting in front of your computer at work.
- You may initiate a Remote Desktop session via TealWare.
- You may also connect to Remote Desktop through a VPN connection.
Instructions for setting up Remote Desktop via VPN:
Windows / PC Instructions:
Email via Outlook Web Access (OWA)
All faculty, staff and students can access their email via Outlook Web Access (OWA) at mail.uncw.edu or via the link for "Email" at the top of the UNCW home page. OWA has two versions: full and light. The full version, which has more advanced features, is available in the Microsoft Internet Explorer browser. The light version is available in other browsers (ex: Firefox, Chrome, Safari). There is no need to connect to the campus network via VPN to use OWA.
Whether you are on campus or off campus, using a PC or a Mac, you can access software via TealWare. Much of the software that you are accustomed to using only on campus is available remotely through TealWare.
VPN (Virtual Private Network)
Connect to UNCW Network and Resources via VPN
The VPN (Virtual Private Network) allows you to access and use the UNCW computing services from off-campus locations as if you were on campus. Learn more about VPN.
Whether in or out of your office, you have numerous tools provided by your office phone which can keep you connected. Features include:
- Faxing (inbound): Receive faxes in your UNCW email inbox (viewed as an image). No need to find or own a fax machine to receive important documents.
- Call-In Conferencing: Host your own conference call from on or off campus!
- Voicemail (Unified Messaging): Your voicemail is retrievable via your phone and also from your email inbox where it can be retrieved/ forwarded/ deleted. Most laptops, tablets and cell phones can play your voicemail for you.
- Find Me / Follow Me: Have calls to your office phone number screened and then forwarded to your cell phone. To set up, contact Yvonne Brown at 910-962-4019.
Connect to your Files via File Servers
Faculty/Staff: Sammy is a central file server available to faculty and staff from any computer on the UNCW network and from home if you are connected via VPN.
Students: Timmy is a file server for students which can be accessed on or off campus.