For student organizations
- Student Organizations are entitled to a Shared Mailbox which will allow the organization to send and receive email.
- To request a Shared Mailbox for your Student Organization, fill out the Technology Request Form (online submission).
More details in asktac
- Details on accessing and using a Shared Mailbox can be found at AskTAC, your self-service knowledge base.
Shared Mailboxes (Formerly MEPF's)
What is a Shared Mailbox?
Shared Mailboxes are a feature of Office365 that allow organizations to share information, via Outlook and/or OWA. With a Shared Mailbox, a group can have a group email address and can view and reply to the emails without logging into a separate account.
Request a Shared Mailbox
To request a Shared Mailbox, send an email to the TAC at TAC@uncw.edu and provide answers to the following questions (Note: Student Orgs, see panel at right):
- What do you want the folder name to be in Outlook/OWA?
- What do you want the email address to be? (1. and 2. can be the same)
- Who needs to have permissions to this folder and what permissions do they need?
- Editor - Create, read, modify, and delete all items and files.
- Author - Create and read items and files, and modify and delete items and files you create.
- Reviewer - Read items and files only.
- Contributor - Create items and files only. The contents of the folder do not appear.
- None - Use this as the default permission when you want to limit the folder audience to only users you specifically add to the Name/Role.
- Who needs "Send As " Permissions?
This allows the person replying to a message to send a message as the Shared Mailbox account name instead of sending from their personal account. For example, a message could be sent on behalf of the Technology Assistance Center.
How to Access / Use a Shared Mailbox
- Windows - Click here for more info in AskTAC.
- Macintosh - Click here for more info in AskTAC.
- OWA - Click here for more info in AskTAC.
Questions or Problems? Contact the Technology Assistance Center (TAC)