Department organization chart
director: Carey Gibson
228 Hoggard Hall
Campus Box 5619
Operations & Systems Administration
The Department of Operations & Systems Administration is responsible for the planning, installation, management and support of the central computing and data storage infrastructure which enables faculty, staff and students to utilize UNCW’s information technology resources for teaching, research, public service, administration and information management.
Specifically, this department:
- Manages and operates the central computer systems and storage infrastructure.
- Manages and operates the core systems supporting the academic research computing and experimental environment.
- Evaluates and recommends new and emerging technologies and support strategies for the UNCW community of scholars.
- Provides fundamental services to the campus in such areas as:
- information collaboration
- email and calendaring
- database services
- authentication and security
- enterprise data backup and recovery
- data center hosting and private cloud services