Quarterly Apple Bulk Order for University Computers and Accessories – Deadline March 5
Thursday, February 13, 2014
Each quarter UNC General Administration (UNC-GA) coordinates an Apple bulk quote for campuses that wish to order Macs (iPads, etc.) and other Apple software and accessories. In the past, this process has given each campus a discount of 6% - 10% beyond normal education pricing.
Those interested in taking advantage of this opportunity for university purchases need to submit their information no later than March 5. See schedule below for details:
- March 5 (no later than 5 p.m.) – If you wish to be included in the Apple bulk quote, you must contact Tami Violette (email@example.com or 910-962-3805) in ITS no later than 5 p.m. on this date to let her know the items you will be purchasing and to obtain a pre-bulk quote. (Pre-bulk quotes should NOT be submitted into uShop at this time.)
- March 6 – Pre-bulk quotes will be sent to UNC-GA and from there, forwarded to Apple.
- March 11 – Estimated date that Apple will have discounted quotes back to UNC-GA and the campuses.
- March 12 – ITS will send the re-quotes back to individuals with instructions on how to order via uShop.
- After March 12 but prior to March 20 – Submit your PO in uShop (It is very important to do this as quickly as possible, as Apple does not typically honor the discount after this end date).
- The discount extends to almost the entire Apple catalogue – hardware, software, AppleCare, 3rd party products, accessories, etc.
- iPads are the only items that will not be discounted further, but it is requested that they be included in our "quote request," as the addition of them gives the UNC system a larger overall discount on all other items.
(Apple does provide discounts on iPad when purchased in 10-pack quantities.)
If you have questions and/or wish to participate, please contact Tami Violette at 910-962-3805 or firstname.lastname@example.org.