Your UNCW Spam Filter
Monday, August 12, 2013
Microsoft's Forefront Online Protection for Exchange (FOPE) spam detection provides an aggressive approach to filtering out spam messages from UNCW email accounts. You may log in to FOPE to view messages in your quarantine; move messages from your quarantine to your UNCW email inbox; mark messages as “not junk,” which will also move those messages to your UNCW inbox; delete messages from your quarantine and more. View some of the most frequently asked questions below.
How do I access my FOPE spam filter?
- To access your spam filter, go to https://spam.uncw.edu
- First time users:
- Your user name is your full UNCW email address (including @uncw.edu).
- Click the “Need your password?” link on the opening window.
- Enter your UNCW email address (including @uncw.edu) and click “Send.”
- You will be sent an email confirming your account and prompting you to set up a password (NOTE: Your password is not tied to your UNCW email account. We recommend that you do not use your UNCW password.
Will my FOPE password change when my UNCW email account password changes?
- No, the password you set up is not tied to your UNCW email account password. (NOTE: We recommend that you do not use your UNCW password for your FOPE password.)
What if I forget my FOPE password?
- If you forget your password you can reset it from the FOPE login page (https://spam.uncw.edu) by clicking on “change password.”
Find a complete list of FAQs at www.uncw.edu/spam.